Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any/many arrests in Kinahan/Hutch feud?

• 10-03-2017 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Im just wondering has any one been charged with any of the murders since this kinahan hutch feud started?
    I watch the news regularly but rarely hear much in ther aftermath of any of the shootings. Are the thugs sort of getting away with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Most of the leaders of the Kinahan gang live in Spain

The Hutch family are small time operators in Dublin and are being wiped out by an organised international drug cartel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

A good few arrests and a few charges as well as a lot of seized property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bohser

Im just wondering has any one been charged with any of the murders since this kinahan hutch feud started?
    I watch the news regularly but rarely hear much in ther aftermath of any of the shootings. Are the thugs sort of getting away with it?

It's more of a slaughter than a feud.
    All you have to do is be associated to a Hutch (and being associated doesn't amount to being a criminal) now and you're dead or shot to pieces.
    Authorities either don't care or are powerless against the Kinahans.
    It doesn't seem right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

feistyfawn wrote: »
    Authorities either don't care or are powerless against the Kinahans.
    It doesn't seem right.

That statement is not true, AGSare grossly underfunded and staffed to deal with an international criminal cartel which is what the kinahans are, they're are doing their best with the resourced they have and their counterparts across the world. It's a long drawn out process but just el chapo and all the other king pins they'll get them

• Advertisement

That statement is not true

Why?
    , AGSare grossly underfunded and staffed to deal with an international criminal cartel which is what the kinahans are,
    Which implies the powerless element of the 'statement' above.
    they're are doing their best with the resourced they have and their counterparts across the world.
    Same
    It's a long drawn out process but just el chapo and all the other king pins they'll get them
    When?
    After another 20 shootings and 10 murders - several of which were either mistaken identity or guys that deletedare just related to a Hutch?

I did not say the authorities are not 'doing their best' - which would be impossible to measure anyway.
    If they're not stopping the Kinahans now while people are being shot in the groin and elsewhere - well then even if it's temporary, they are powerless (at this time!) or are indifferent (don't care).

Am unsure if the AGs are underfunded or how they work so I cannot verify.
    Mod . Irrelevant statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

All you have to do is be associated to a Hutch (and being associated doesn't amount to being a criminal) now and you're dead or shot to pieces.

I'm no fan of the Kinahan / Byrne organisation(s), but I don't think the above is quite true. To be fair, I think they have very specifically targeted people who had a direct involvement in the Regency Hotel job, either as gunmen or in logistics roles (sourcing/moving weapons, getaway drivers etc.). Mod deletion.

There have been a few arrests alright that have all been reported in major news outlets. Off the top of my head:

- Patrick Hutch, Mod deletion, is charged with the murder of David Byrne and is in custody.

- Kevin Murry, Mod deletion, was arrested, but he's dying from motor neurone disease and isn't fit to stand trial.

- Eamonn Cumberton is in custody, charged with the murder of Michael Barr Mod deletion

- Thomas 'Tossy' Fox is charged with the murder of Gareth Hutch and is in custody.

- 'Fat' Freddie Thompson (Kinahan/Byrne faction) is in custody charged with the murder of Daithí Douglas. He is somehow entitled to free legal aid.

- Imre Arakas,Mod deletion is in custody charged with conspiracy to murder James 'Maggo' Gately. Hilariously, he stated to the court that he is currently unemployed and asked for a solicitor to be appointed.

There are a few arrests of players on either side, where they are not charged specifically with one of the 'feud-related' incidents:

- James 'Maggo' Gately (Hutch faction, but formerly Kinahan-linked) just got a 2-year driving ban for dangerous driving while he had Patrick Hutch in the car. No Regency-related charges though.

- Jonathan Dowdall (Hutch faction) is in custody charged with false imprisonment if I recall correctly, but no Regency-related charges.

- Gareth Chubb (Kinahan/Byrne faction) was arrested in the Netherlands for threatening someone with a gun and I think is still in custody there.

Then there are a bunch of people who can't be touched because they're either too smart to get their own hands dirty or are outside the contry. I can't imagine Gerry Hutch will be back living in Clontarf any time soon, and I can't see any of the Kinahan family getting themselves caught with weaponry or drugs.

To me, by far the most conspicuous thing about the whole feud is the lack of arrests in relation to the Regency job. Mod deletion Mod deletion:

To be fair, I think they have very specifically targeted people who had a direct involvement in the Regency Hotel job

'To be fair'? they've murdered, mutilated or attempted to murder multiple people you think (as there's no way you could prove it) have been involved in one Regency Hotel shooting.

And the Kinahan hitman 'associated' with the mistaken identity killings was found dead... I guess that makes those two shootings 'fair' also.

Go away will ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

'To be fair'? they've murdered, mutilated or attempted to murder multiple people you think (as there's no way you could prove it) have been involved in one Regency Hotel shooting.

And the Kinahan hitman 'associated' with the mistaken identity killings was found dead... I guess that makes that shooting 'fair' also.

Go away will ya!

I'm not in any way condoning or defending the actions of the Kinahan-aligned gangsters. To be honest I think anyone involved in organised crime is the scum of the earth!

All I meant is that the tabloids went to town a bit with the ol' sensationalism in claiming that the Kinahans were intent on wiping out everyone with any kind of Hutch family connection, when in reality they seem to be very specifically targeting people they believe were involved in the Regency job in some capacity.

I may not be able (nor have I any desire) to prove that anyone was involved in the Regency job. The thing is, Dublin's underworld is a small place and gangsters of all affiliations tend not to have more than a degree of separation from one another. When something happens, word gets around very fast about who was spotted nearby, at the scene or allegedly involved in some way.

I doubt the Kinahans demand to see verifiable forensic evidence before adding someone to their naughty list. A rumour or allegation of serious wrongdoing from someone they trust is probably enough to land someone in a whole world of trouble.

As for a hitman ending up dead, as much as I find murder repugnant (and I think they jury is still out on whether that case was a murder or a suicide), I'm afraid I really struggle to feel any sympathy there. [Mod deletion]

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Truthtopower

Mod. Post deleted.
    Truth to Power.
    Pls do not post here again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Closed for mod review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement