Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster error

Options
  • 10-03-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

has any one any experience in dealing with ticketmaster,
    tickets were bought for a gig, the cork one was sold out and ended up being redirected to the dublin show without realizing, is there any hope of returning the tickets and getting a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not nice to deal with, but there is a small chance of getting a refund, I have heard of 1 person I know getting it but cannot recall the details -there t&cs would say no refunds. Someone on another thread said they got one but had to pay an admin fee. If contacting them be certain to tell them about the redirection, make it clear this is not just a change of mind.

If the gig is a long way away and likely to sell out there is probably more chance of a refund. You could also sell it on toutless if really stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My rant with ticketmaster is that I was logged on before 9am to buy tickets for the dublin Eddie Vedder gig. Once tickets went on sale my place in the queue seems to have got stuck. It is still 'searching' for tickets for me despite the concert now been sold out.

No help to you OP, but needed to vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

GUYS I GOT A REFUND!!!
    im actually shocked, i was all geared up for an argument like,.. rang spoke to Sarah a total hero! 
    explained i was trying to buy tickets for cork click extra shows, clicked on cork again, was redirected to dublin and didnt notice and was she was like yeah, sorry, its 4 euro to refund but i can process that for you now.
    I have a feeling im not the only one this happened too....
    @winterlong sorry to hear that, that happened me with Adele...

Winterlong wrote: »
    My rant with ticketmaster is that I was logged on before 9am to buy tickets for the dublin Eddie Vedder gig.

keep trying, I tried for 2 standing tickets for kings of leon and 1 minute into selling it said they were sold out, I was offered 2 crap seats up the very back. 1 or 2 days later I was able to buy 8 standing for the same night if I wanted. They are up to all sorts these days.

Glad the OP got a refund, but 4euro is a bit steep for pressing a button or 2 on a keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

rubadub wrote: »
    My rant with ticketmaster is that I was logged on before 9am to buy tickets for the dublin Eddie Vedder gig.

keep trying, I tried for 2 standing tickets for kings of leon and 1 minute into selling it said they were sold out, I was offered 2 crap seats up the very back. 1 or 2 days later I was able to buy 8 standing for the same night if I wanted. They are up to all sorts these days.

Glad the OP got a refund, but 4euro is a bit steep for pressing a button or 2 on a keyboard.
    for me its better than,, well you should have checked it before pressing buy, and losing 130 euro....
    the timer always gets me in a panic...

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

I got one! I logged in and did another search just now and got a ticket! Delighted!!

I got one! I logged in and did another search just now and got a ticket! Delighted!!
    :) Great stuff, glad you got sorted.

You can see in the gig forum lots of people missed out. If going to gigs likely to sell out its advisable to check the gig forum days before, people can put up links to presales etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057708900&page=8

In the thread I linked you can see lads were still getting them after 12. I tried about 4-5 times now just out of interest and none offered any time. There is definitely some dodgy selling strategy is going on. Latest buyer was at 12.55

The whole ticketmaster thing sometimes feels like a self serving scam for those with close ties to TM.
    Tickets appearing on seatwave at inflated prices before going on general sale to the public? Pathetic. But they have a monopoly so we are stuck with them.

Advertisement