Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 10 Pro Key (Genuine) - 15.41Euro

• 10-03-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

CORRECTION: PRICE IS €19.27 EURO.

For those of you that haven't got Windows 10 / are building a PC or considering moving to Windows 10, there is currently no free upgrade (to the best of my knowledge).

You can obtain a genuine copy by downloading the ISO's from the Microsoft Website and purchasing a genuine activation key here on play-asia.

In some cases there may be difficulty with activation, in which case you just call Microsoft and activate over the phone.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 K0m0d0zer

Just a note, on the off chance that this thread could get locked or misunderstood.
    I've taken a look at various postings and comments on the internet relating to OEM licenses and the requirements to buy / sell one - none of which seem to be clear. I have no reason to think that there is an issue with these licenses.

I activated mine over the phone with Microsoft and spoke with someone in support. There were no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

You linked to a key for windows 7 not windows 10. Windows 10 is nearer €20 but, assuming it's legit, it's great value

http://www.play-asia.com/microsoft-windows-10-pro-3264-bit-oem/13/709747

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

There is still this free option from Microsoft:

Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Microsoft changed the Windows 10 installer disc to also accept Windows 7 or 8.1 keys. You can get those keys cheaper! Although free always wins..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

As far as I know, a valid Windows 7 or Windows 8 key will work on Windows 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Wez wrote: »
    Microsoft changed the Windows 10 installer disc to also accept Windows 7 or 8.1 keys. You can get those keys cheaper! Although free always wins..

If you want free if you're upgrading, just use your existing win 7 or 8.1 key. Or, if you you're on a new build, a visit to your local recycling center, you can take a pic of a win 7 key on the side of a pc that's in the recycling bin. However, that would depend if you will be allowed by the staff working there. And also, it may have been used already. But, it's free :)

murphm45 wrote: »
    You linked to a key for windows 7 not windows 10. Windows 10 is nearer €20 but, assuming it's legit, it's great value

http://www.play-asia.com/microsoft-windows-10-pro-3264-bit-oem/13/709747

Fixed.

If you want free if you're upgrading, just use your existing win 7 or 8.1 key. Or, if you you're on a new build, a visit to your local recycling center, you can take a pic of a win 7 key on the side of a pc that's in the recycling bin. However, that would depend if you will be allowed by the staff working there. And also, it may have been used already. But, it's free :)

It would work. However, I'm not sure if it would be legally licensed so I'd avoid encouraging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Wez wrote: »

OK, I know this is a side step and I'm m a simpleton and all but I'm going to need someone to spell it out to me.

So I have a number of different Windows 8 keys (including an 8.1 with bing one) are you saying that if I put in the Windows 8 key to the windows 10 validation it'll just accept it (I have the telly box thingy using a non validated version for reasons of simpleton-ness mentioned earlier) or is there a specific part in the install where this has to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭loki7777

COA is missing so not legit at all i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Are these not the standard grey area MSDN keys? They can be bought everywhere - Adverts, Ebay, CD Key sites, etc, but they're not technically legit.

Or VLK so not legit.

loki7777 wrote: »
    COA is missing so not legit at all i think.
    Are these not the standard grey area MSDN keys? They can be bought everywhere - Adverts, Ebay, CD Key sites, etc, but they're not technically legit.
    loki7777 wrote: »
    Or VLK so not legit.

Its been a long time since I was a Windows user last time thankfully :D

Previously VL only worked with VL software release (that may not be the case today), the same for MSDN.

In the absence of any clear guidance / documentation but having had assistance from Microsoft to activate - one would have to assume there is no issue here. Unless Microsoft was to communicate otherwise.

For any of you that try to activate over the phone, please do post back here if they have any issues. For me, they were fine and speaking with Microsoft, they were more than happy to activate.

They will activate without any problems because they don't ask for any proof of purchase or something. But there might be a time when you need reinstall windows but key won't be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I did this last week without any problem.

sk282 wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

sk282 wrote: »

You don't even need to do this. If you run the upgrade or have an old win7 key, it will work to upgrade anyway. I've done plenty over the last few months.
    Still, a nice price OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

what exactly is assistive technology ?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

So.. for Sugarman and anyone else... if its a scam, its a darn well detailed one...

play-asia.com - domain registered in 2002 - GoDaddy is the registrar used
    DNS servers for the domain are hosted by a UK hosting co - KUALO

Contact number is in Hong Kong as is their contact address..
    Play-Asia.com
    P.O. Box 1351
    Tsuen Wan Post Office
    Tsuen Wan, NT
    Hong Kong

However, their customer help desk operates from
    Asia Entertainment Technology Ltd.
    Unit A-D, 14/F
    Block A, Wo Kee Hong Building,
    585-609 Castle Peak Road,
    Kwai Chung, N.T.
    Hong Kong

Searching that company on Compass finds a hit http://hk.kompass.com/c/asia-entertainment-technology-limited/hk057063/#keynumbers

Searching for the director given finds a hit on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-wiesinger-92300594/

An article from jan 2015 in the UK rag neo gamer: http://www.neomag.co.uk/art/games/article/2302/playasiacom-qanda

So looks like the address and director and play asia tie together

Their website says they are hiring in Tokyo and Hong Kong - looks like they also have people working for them in the Phillipines at PA SUPPORT SUBIC LTD - see http://ro3.dole.gov.ph/fndr/mis/files/06-03-15.pdf - they operate what appears to be a support desk in the freeport there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No-one said the company is a scam. :confused:

We said they're MSDN keys, which are not legit, and while the chance is slim, they can be and sometimes are revoked by Microsoft.

These keys are sold for these prices on Adverts, Ebay, Reddit, etc all the same. The price on Play Asia is normal for these keys.

It's not a bargain alert, it's just what they go for normally, but they are not comparable to buying a genuine copy of Windows from a retailer.

Windows 10 also works indefinitely without a key with just a tiny watermark in the corner of the screen, so realistically the best choice is to either use it unactivated or buy a real copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You can install an evaluation copy from microsoft and use it indeffinately. Not sure if updates are supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Savage little deal, thanks OP

Advertisement