Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation log in hacked

Options
  • 10-03-2017 10:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭

My account has been compromised. I got an email saying my log in details have changed which I didn't do . I tried reseting my password this morning but now the system are saying my details are a invalid This isn't could t enough on sonys part . This has happened to me before . How can log in details be changed without a verification step

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ring Sony ASAP and get your account back, then enable 2FA on your account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Should have 2 step verification enabled, no excuses anymore really. Sony have themselves fully covered since they introduced that.

Hope you can recover the account but Sony might not be too helpful cause you didn't enable 2 step.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My account has been compromised. I got an email saying my log in details have changed which I didn't do . I tried reseting my password this morning but now the system are saying my details are a invalid This isn't could t enough on sonys part . This has happened to me before . How can log in details be changed without a verification step
    Sorry to hear that Bro. Give Sony a call to regain access to your account and then enable 2 step verification.

Things have been a bit dicey over the last year with PSN security. A tonne of compromised accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mine was compromised a little while back too, and €200 taken from my PayPal.

Rang Sony, and after a little while, had my account restored, and got the money back. Didn't know about the 2 step verification at the time, but by God it's installed now!

On the 2FA just to add if you have none on your email and using the same login details as PSN be sure to secure that too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

I'm still having problems with this. I filled out an online incident form and they said since my account is registered in the USA there is nothing they can do so they provide a link to the USA chat page however the chat page in the USA won't work for me and they also said I need to go to the country I'm residing in for support . The whole thing is a joke and I'm being run around in circles. Very very bad customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm still having problems with this. I filled out an online incident form and they said since my account is registered in the USA there is nothing they can do so they provide a link to the USA chat page however the chat page in the USA won't work for me and they also said I need to go to the country I'm residing in for support . The whole thing is a joke and I'm being run around in circles. Very very bad customer service

Not really if your in Ireland with a USA account, it's against Ts and Cs...

Use a VPN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not really if your in Ireland with a USA account, it's against Ts and Cs...

Use a VPN

What's a VPN and how will that help me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Locked as per charter.

Advertisement