Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH availability

Options
  • 10-03-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

How can we find out if FTTH is enabled in our area? We have fibre broadband at present, FTTC I'm assuming, but we are moving house soon and have been told that the new house, on the same exchange as us(about 5km away from the exchange) has FTTH and speeds are incredible. We are currently 12mb speeds if lucky. We don't move house for another 3mths so want to see if we have have our current line upgraded to FTTH too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Bumping this up for a reply please.

And also to ask, if the property we move into is FTTH enabled, but we want to keep our current broadband package of 'up to 100mb' can we do that and does that mean we will actually finally get 100mb speed compared to the 12mb we get at our current property?

Or will we be forced to take an Eir Extreme bundle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cherrycola wrote: »
    How can we find out if FTTH is enabled in our area? We have fibre broadband at present, FTTC I'm assuming, but we are moving house soon and have been told that the new house, on the same exchange as us(about 5km away from the exchange) has FTTH and speeds are incredible. We are currently 12mb speeds if lucky. We don't move house for another 3mths so want to see if we have have our current line upgraded to FTTH too.
    Hi  Cherrycola,

I can check this for you with the eir Code of the new property. Can you PM me this? I'm afraid if you are moving & availing of FTTH you would need to opt for an eir Fibre Extreme package. They can be viewed here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement