Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G has disappeared on my 6S

Options
  • 10-03-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

The 4G symbol no longer shows on my phone, only 3G.
    It is an iPhone 6S on iOS 10.2.1.
    I know there is a 4G signal around as my Meteor Mobile Broadband is still working on 4G.
    I went into an Eir shop yesterday and they changed the SIM. No change - no 4G.
    They checked my account and it is OK.
    They suggested I do a restore, which I've just completed; still no change.
    At the shop they wondered if it is a problem with the iPhone, but they had never heard of a phone only losing 4G.
    Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Check Settings:- Mobile Data- Mobile Data Options- Voice and Data.

Ensure that 4G is selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Thanks, but it already is. I had to switch it to 3G the other day when there was no WiFi. It went back on yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I had this when I got my iphone 6s first. I had to ring eir support who checked and noticed that 4G had not been activated on my account!!! A flick of a (metaphorical) switch at their end and a reboot on mine sorted it.

Ring 1901 and get them to check.

Thanks. The problem is that I did have 4G, and now I don't.
    However, I changed my Eir plan just before I went abroad for 3 weeks and I can't remember if it was there after the change or not.
    Two different Eir people have checked the account and said all is fine.
    I'll call 1901 just to be sure.

Eir have checked my account and it is 4G enabled.
    Their rep in the shop thinks something is wrong with the phone; he checked all the settings.
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement

tallpaul was right!

An update.
    Apple support asked me to take my phone to CompuB.
    CompuB rep checked my phone and his SIM gave me 4G, and my SIM gave him 3G.
    I went back to eir for the third time and this rep noticed 4G was not enabled.
    I phoned eir support and they turned 4G back on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JonMac wrote: »
    tallpaul was right!

An update.

Ah, good old Eir support. They'll probably put you on another 18 month contract for doing that.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JonMac wrote: »
    tallpaul was right!

An update.

Exact same thing happened to me. Eir couldn't explain why it had been turned off

Advertisement