Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH / FTTC Curragh

Options
  • 10-03-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi - I am wondering if you can help me regarding when I can expect (if ever!) fibre or even fast broadband to my home. I am approx 1km from Maddenstown, Curragh, Co Kildare.

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

twenty8 wrote: »
    Hi - I am wondering if you can help me regarding when I can expect (if ever!) fibre or even fast broadband to my home. I am approx 1km from Maddenstown, Curragh, Co Kildare.

Tks
    Hi  twenty8,

Thanks for getting in touch. You can check your address/phone number via our website here.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

That doesn't work for my number. There is no information regarding my local area hence the request here. Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

twenty8 wrote: »
    That doesn't work for my number. There is no information regarding my local area hence the request here. Tks
    Hi Twenty8,

I've checked the Maddenstown area on our deployment plan and I can see this area is located between two exchanges. One being the Kildare exchange and the other being the  Curragh exchange. The forecast date for the Kildare exchange to be enabled for FTTH is Spring/Summer 2018 and the Curragh exchange is Summer 2017. 
    I've checked for any active efibre cabinets in your area and the closest one is approximately 2KM away which unfortunately would be too far to avail of the service. I am really sorry I could not offer you better news.

Thanks,
    Pamela

Advertisement