Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE RACE

Options
  • 10-03-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

The Race kicks off tomorrow morning at 5am, live tracker below if anyone wants to follow, not sure if anyone from here is taking part, an insane but interesting adventure that i hope to do some day.

https://tracktherace.com/en/therace-ie-2017/race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Pmaldini wrote: »
    The Race kicks off tomorrow morning at 5am, live tracker below if anyone wants to follow, not sure if anyone from here is taking part, an insane but interesting adventure that i hope to do some day.

https://tracktherace.com/en/therace-ie-2017/race

and then get a horiffic overuse injury and do nothing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

tunney wrote: »
    and then get a horiffic overuse injury and do nothing again.

Yes, but i could concentrate on drinking then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Neady83 is taking part! Best of luck to everyone - am hoping the more experienced adventure racing folks might post some updates here so will follow the thread in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Neady83 is taking part! Best of luck to everyone - am hoping the more experienced adventure racing folks might post some updates here so will follow the thread in case.

Thanks AM :) Yup all done and dusted and I live to tell the tale :)

It's an incredibly tough race but stunning, Donegal is spectacular and if you're looking for a well organised and catered for race - this is it. The local buy in is like nothing that I've ever seen in any other event and it's a not-for-profit race. Definitely one to put on your list of races to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Neady83 wrote: »
    Thanks AM :) Yup all done and dusted and I live to tell the tale :)

It's an incredibly tough race but stunning, Donegal is spectacular and if you're looking for a well organised and catered for race - this is it. The local buy in is like nothing that I've ever seen in any other event and it's a not-for-profit race. Definitely one to put on your list of races to do.

Well done ;) some race

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Is there any other races like this in Ireland? I was looking at it saying could I train for this in a year??? I have done the killarney 75k and the old WAR. I Would love to do something a bit mad and this seems pritty mad alright!

Is the price tag the usual for a race like this. I know there is ALOT of planning etc and insurances, I would somehow have to get around the better half on this one 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    Is there any other races like this in Ireland? I was looking at it saying could I train for this in a year??? I have done the killarney 75k and the old WAR. I Would love to do something a bit mad and this seems pritty mad alright!

Is the price tag the usual for a race like this. I know there is ALOT of planning etc and insurances, I would somehow have to get around the better half on this one 😀

Hi Dubs1990, the price tag is quite high for the RACE, higher than normal for a race of its kind, but it's a not-fot-profit race so all the work is done on a voluntary basis. There are no corners cut in any part of the course and it was the best marshalled and way marked race that I've done. It it weren't a not-for-profit race - I wouldn't have signed up at that price.

The Coast to Coast in May is a good one. It's 320km of running/road biking/kayaking from Enniscrone, Co. Sligo to Newcastle, Co. Down. The distance is greater than the RACE but it's an easier race as the terrain is less bumpy :). You can do it as a one day 24 hour race or over two days. I've done it twice and it's another really great one, I'd highly recommend.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Neady83 wrote: »
    Hi Dubs1990, the price tag is quite high for the RACE, higher than normal for a race of its kind, but it's a not-fot-profit race so all the work is done on a voluntary basis. There are no corners cut in any part of the course and it was the best marshalled and way marked race that I've done. It it weren't a not-for-profit race - I wouldn't have signed up at that price.

The Coast to Coast in May is a good one. It's 320km of running/road biking/kayaking from Enniscrone, Co. Sligo to Newcastle, Co. Down. The distance is greater than the RACE but it's an easier race as the terrain is less bumpy :). You can do it as a one day 24 hour race or over two days. I've done it twice and it's another really great one, I'd highly recommend.

Brilliant! Gives me over a year to train for something like that, and certainly won't break the bank either. Gives me a chance to get a few smaller races in Aswell! Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 flash84962

I'm giving the coast2coast a go in may. Over the two days. I'm kinda using this as training for city2summit in July, which is in Edinburgh.

C2S is a half marathon starting in Edinburgh, then 180k on the bike, finishing with a marathon distance run, that goes up and over Ben Nevis!

Advertisement