Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Laytown

• 10-03-2017 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I recently moved to Laytown co Mesth and was wondering what the fishing was like here. I have no experience in sea fishing what so ever so wouldn't know where to start. I would have fished more for trout in lakes before. Was wondering what the river Nanny there would be like. Can you fish it with spinner from maybe around the railway bridge? I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Black Red.

The Nanny has plenty of Brown Trout and a small run of Sea Trout. Most of the fishing is controlled by Duleek anglers.
    There's Bass in the estuary along with Flounder and big shoals of Mullet run up the Nanny.
    I've never fished Laytown for Bass but remember someone saying it throws up some big ones now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

Drogheda Anglers have part of the Nanny above Julianstown itself, i think either side of the motorway crossing. They also have two reservoirs and some fishing on the Boyne.
    The tackle shop in Drogheda would have all the info you need.

Advertisement