Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over moderation AGAIN !

Options
  • 10-03-2017 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

My word, literally, I posted something in the YLYL thread, I mistakenly quoted a picture, as I posted straight from the 'preview post' option so it looked okay.

Anyway, it's quite clear I am online as displayed by the green icon.

Instead of the mod just PM'ing me and nicely advising that I edit the post to remove the image, so I don't look like a half tick with 'MOD NOTE' at the top of my post, along with 'EDITED BY', I mean FFS, seriously.

There are too many MOD's if this action is taken so quickly, give the user half a chance to edit it themselves.

Is there even a need for MOD note on the post? Can that not just be PM'ed to me, the entire post looks ridiculous now.

What are these MOD note's? We can't reply to them, what are there purpose. Would it not be more suitable to call them MOD INSTRUCTION, seen as I can't even post a reply to them.

Something needs to change, if the severity of the action is minimal and can be fixed by the user and isn't causing a massive problem, then adding 'MOD NOTES', 'EDITED BY' isn't needed, if you can wait 30mins and have the user edit it themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

And to make this even more 'funny' for the MOD, they have gone back and decided to edit there own first 'MOD NOTE' to seem funny?
    Edited By :
    N/A New Home 10-03-2017 13:06
    N/A New Home 10-03-2017 13:05
    Original Post TallGlass 10-03-2017 13:01

What a sham of a display.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As this refers to a mod action I'm moving this to Help Desk, where it's more appropriate.

Zaph wrote: »
    As this refers to a mod action I'm moving this to Help Desk, where it's more appropriate.

Well it's both. And here we go again, a mod, deciding how my post should go.

Have you thought about my post at all? From what the moderation is like and how it makes posts look on the site.

It makes them stand out on the site, they look ugly once edited.

Can we not have a nice clean looking button that appears once a post as been edited along side the quote button and when we click on the button it will display when it was last edited etc... And do away with that big ugly text with the massive line under it across the post.

And why move it to the helpdesk? I don't need or want any help. The mod action was correct, I quoted a picture, which I shouldn't have. My problem is with 'Mod notes', 'Edited by' and not been giving a chance to resolve this by myself. None of which are helpdesk problems, there feedback, I posted in feedback before about moderation.

I don't see why you moved it here?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well it's both. And here we go again, a mod, deciding how my post should go.

Have you thought about my post at all? From what the moderation is like and how it makes posts look on the site.

It makes them stand out on the site, they look ugly once edited.

Can we not have a nice clean looking button that appears once a post as been edited along side the quote button and when we click on the button it will display when it was last edited etc... And do away with that big ugly text with the massive line under it across the post.

That's the software that Boards uses, there's not a lot we can do about how it's displayed. There are a lot more technical issues that need to be resolved than aesthetics tbh.
    TallGlass wrote: »
    And why move it to the helpdesk? I don't need or want any help. The mod action was correct, I quoted a picture, which I shouldn't have. My problem is with 'Mod notes', 'Edited by' and not been giving a chance to resolve this by myself. None of which are helpdesk problems, there feedback, I posted in feedback before about moderation.

I don't see why you moved it here?

Apologies, I thought you had a problem with the mod action itself, not the way the mod action is displayed. Site Development would probably be the most appropriate place for this so, I can move the thread there if you wish?

• Advertisement

Well, it's feedback that my original intention of the post was about, firstly around mod communication between themselves and members of the site, it's non existent unless someone is getting a ban or a warning.

Secondly about the look of posts that are edited, they look horrific and stand a mile out from the other posts.

If them feedback inputs are more suited to dev than feedback then send it on over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement