Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been thinking of getting into Sqonking...any recommendations??

• 10-03-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Primarily looking at the Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker, maybe with a Rashomon RDA as well as the included RDA....Any thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah ... don't :D sounds messy to me - I pondered on it in the past, but really don't see the point. With so many good RDTAs about, why the need to have a bottle of juice wedged into a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Yeah ... don't :D sounds messy to me - I pondered on it in the past, but really don't see the point. With so many good RDTAs about, why the need to have a bottle of juice wedged into a mod?

seems a bit neater to me...my iJoy is massive...the idea of a nice low-profile bottom feeder just appeals to me....

Depends, neater than what? When I head out for the day I stick my Alien with a full tank in the bag, and I don't run out. I'm doing a course atm, and often throw a second mod and tank in the bag J.I.C, make sure I have enough for my breaks. I rarely have to use it though. It's not like a 2nd mod adds weight either way. With squonkers the issue I'd have is changing flavors. I like to change flavor a lot, between every tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Depends, neater than what? When I head out for the day I stick my Alien with a full tank in the bag, and I don't run out. I'm doing a course atm, and often throw a second mod and tank in the bag J.I.C, make sure I have enough for my breaks. I rarely have to use it though. It's not like a 2nd mod adds weight either way. With squonkers the issue I'd have is changing flavors. I like to change flavor a lot, between every tank.

...but you can do this with extra squonk-bottles....?? most of them have screw-on caps so just the one mod, some different bottled flavours - swap them out when the cotton runs dry? I like the idea too of the smaller RDA than a RDTA...some of them are nearly as big as the mod..!!!

kingaaa wrote: »
    ...but you can do this with extra squonk-bottles....?? most of them have screw-on caps so just the one mod, some different bottled flavours - swap them out when the cotton runs dry? I like the idea too of the smaller RDA than a RDTA...some of them are nearly as big as the mod..!!!

But ... why? when I can have an already neat set up and throw in an extra bottle of juice. I tend to prefer tanks over drippers mostly anyway. I only use a dripper when testing my new DIY batches. Then, when they're good to go, into a decent tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yeah, I never saw the attraction of squonkers. A couple of decent tanks is all you need. Get a side by side mod if your concerned about length. Girth is the way to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

kingaaa wrote: »
    Primarily looking at the Council of Vapor Wraith 80W Squonker, maybe with a Rashomon RDA as well as the included RDA....Any thoughts??

I have been using 3 x Kanger Dripbox 160 for over 6 months now,I use 2 x Velocity rda's & a Tsunami (the one with the window)
    I use SS wire in TC,so no dry hits when I under squonk,if you over squonk you will see juice coming out the airhole,this mostly happens if the rda has a bottom airflow like the Tsunami,the Velocity's can handle over squonking with no problems.
    The dripbox is ideal as a table mod,after I have primed the coils,I usually squeeze the bottle once every 10 vapes & that keeps the coils wet.
    When changing the bottle or refilling,there is a small amount of juice around the bottom where the bottle sits in but never had juice on the table,if I change juices,after I take the bottle out I blow down the 510 to clear any old juice that is left in the pipe,a quick wipe & it's done.
    Here is a link to 9 different squonkers http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/best-squonk-mods/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

kingaaa wrote:

The Wraith is a fantastic entry to squonking, it's only downside is that it's a single 18650 so you'll need to carry a spare with you as it's hard on power if your over 45W. The included RDA performs well and I wouldn't change it till you try it for a while.
    The advantage of squonking is that you get RDA flavour without the constant need for dripping which can be a pita at times.
    Wraith is a solid well built piece and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

I bought the pico squeeze to see if i like squonking. got a hadaly on top. Its great but its a mech, although its got a battery indicator and some protection inside. for €17 its a cheap way to try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

Recommend the Copervape, it's a mech, it's simple and it's easy to use, I usually have a Little Gen (16mm) on top with a single 0.5 ohm 26ga SS316L, nice flavour and decent lung full of 3mg 80/20 home brew. A fill will last me a day of pretty decent abuse. No leaks or dry hits and can chage out the cotton without having to empty the tank.

• Advertisement

I just ordered 2 x Authentic Youde UD Skywalker RDA's from FT for €13 each & also an Authentic Vaporesso Transformer RDA,they all have a 510 sqonking pin in the spares bag,I thought they will make a change from the Velociy's & the Tsunami RDA that I'm using...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Was thinking about getting one myself especially now that I'm thinking about making my own juice. Is there much leakage with them? I'd imaging they would have to be upright all the time. Keep my kbox upright all the time and that still leaks a little bit.

Was thinking about getting one myself especially now that I'm thinking about making my own juice. Is there much leakage with them? I'd imaging they would have to be upright all the time. Keep my kbox upright all the time and that still leaks a little bit.

I use 3 of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgNwwqGtAxQ & never had a leak,I do get vapour weeping from the air holes but that is the same with any tank,I was not happy with the rda that came with it so I bought 2 x Velocity's & a Tsunami 24 & using SS coils,this mod is ideal to use on my computer table,too big for out n about,I love dripping at home,I have 9 drippers going at once.
    These mods will work with any tank,I don't have to use it for sqonking at all.

All RDA's should be kept upright or they will leak out the airhole,there are alot of drippers out there & cheap,they are also great with Mech mods...
    RDA's are excellent for Direct Lung Vaping only...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

As youdipstick said, any rda is better upright, only difference with a squonker is that when you release the bottle after filling the rda the vacuum created should pull most of the excess juice from the deck and back into the bottle. This works most times but it's still better to have it upright.

Advertisement