Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Front wheel for a ladies 2016 trek 7.2 hybrid

Options
  • 10-03-2017 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Someone stole the stock wheel off my girlfriend's bike and I was hoping someone can recommend me a suitable replacement.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

hungry4k wrote: »
    Hi,

Someone stole the stock wheel off my girlfriend's bike and I was hoping someone can recommend me a suitable replacement.

Many Thanks

Couple of questions:

What size tyres are on it? Most likely to be 28mm or 35mm for a hybrid

Does it have a disc brake?

If it's a wheel that uses a rim brake, It's probably a standard 700c hybrid wheel - just check it can take your tyre size.

Cost - you're looking at €40 for a bog standard one

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=212630&productId=790289&storeId=11101

Local bike shop I'd say you'd struggle to find one less than €70 odd - they'll more than likely have branded ones (shimano etc).

Another alternative is to have a look at the ads here - you might be lucky and have someone off loading a hybrid wheel

Advertisement