Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distributor

Options
  • 10-03-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am in the latter stages of negotiation with a U.K. based engineering company to join them and set up their Irish business.

After our last meeting the MD sent me information on a piece of software. It is associated with another company that he is also a director of. The software is a tool and is related to the business that the main company does.

He has asked me if I would be the Irish distributor for the software package. All I've said so far is that it looks interesting.

What would be your thoughts on this?

My viewpoint is:
    - I have agreed a package with him regarding the role I will be taking on and this is something new.
    - The proceeds of the software package business feeds into a separate company so the company that I am employed by will make no profit out of my promotion of the product.

Should I be demanding a slice of this pie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If it's not been brought up before and the package agreed is completely independent of this then you'd be mad to do it for free. I'd be looking for 20%-25% depending on how much work you think a sale will take to get.

Advertisement