Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaf folding mirrors

• 10-03-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Every day's a school day - and after 6 months+ driving a Leaf, I've discovered a button that folds in both mirrors. Is there any function that will do this on shutdown and startup via the remote??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Yes, it is an accessory and it can be retrofitted. Check the Leaf accessories on nissan.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

peposhi wrote: »
    Yes, it is an accessory and it can be retrofitted. Check the Leaf accessories on nissan.ie
    Has anyone here done this? What was the cost?

Not sure if I'm that bothered about it - but was curious to see that there was a button internally. I would have thought given the functionality is essentially there, that they'd have gone the whole hog and have it automated to close them in on shut-down and open them back up upon start-up.

Is this purely a dealership installed accessory or has anyone been able to do a diy fix for it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah it's a handy feature.
    The auto fold function is a dealer add on and iirc was about £130 stg in the U.K.
    It can be added afterwards once you have electric folding mirrors and it's not an official Nissan retrofit i believe.

The garage have to splice a few wires here and there and then they fold on locking with the remote and open back on either start up or unlocking.

Option 1 : http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/product/Leaf_Auto_Folding_Mirror_Kit_KE9633N001

Option 2 : http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/accessories/vehicles/leaf#forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

@kceire: Are you thinking of going down that route? If so, let us know how it pans out (if you end up sourcing kit separately and getting an independent to install).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

@kceire: Are you thinking of going down that route? If so, let us know how it pans out (if you end up sourcing kit separately and getting an independent to install).

Yes it's something I'd consider later on.
    It could be messy having someone mess around with the wiring especially while under warranty, normally I don't care for warranties with regards to remaps or things that can be easily reversed.

But with this, I may wait. I'll ask the dealer next week when I'm in with them.
    I would like to know if anybody has any experience with coding these cars, I wouldn't mind getting the rear lights to come on with the DRL's.

This can be done in the likes of BMW etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

kceire wrote: »
    Yeah it's a handy feature.
    The auto fold function is a dealer add on and iirc was about £130 stg in the U.K.
    It can be added afterwards once you have electric folding mirrors and it's not an official Nissan retrofit i believe.

I suppose it depends on your parking behaviour: in a rural environment probably not a burning issue, unless the cows use them for scratching.

However I wonder about the MTBF numbers for the elec motor: its design is prolly based on intermittent use as opposed to every time the car starts, or is locked/unlocked or whatever the setting is: at a problematic charging station in Dublin lately I locked /unlocked 6 times....

And is it covered under the warranty if retro-ed, even by the dealer ship: As its not something they will be doing everyday I would be very reluctant to have them pulling out the harness: I had a good poke around last evening and its pretty tightly done

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_time_between_failures
    kceire wrote:
    I would like to know if anybody has any experience with coding these cars, I wouldn't mind getting the rear lights to come on with the DRL's.

Good idea, much better than the trailer lighting board, held on with binder twine

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement