Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview tips and worry

• 10-03-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi. I've an interview for garda recruit next week - anyone know someone who would mentor me in advance. And/or sample questions that have come up previously .
    Also I have dropped out of college last year after 2 years . I really hated hated it but I'm worried that the panel will think I'm a quitter. What do I say ? The college course wasn't for me ? Then they may say Will you quit templemore.
    Will someone with a degree get preference over a leaving Cert ? Am I wasting both mine and their time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

JC43 wrote: »
    Hi. I've an interview for garda recruit next week - anyone know someone who would mentor me in advance. And/or sample questions that have come up previously .
    Also I have dropped out of college last year after 2 years . I really hated hated it but I'm worried that the panel will think I'm a quitter. What do I say ? The college course wasn't for me ? Then they may say Will you quit templemore.
    Will someone with a degree get preference over a leaving Cert ? Am I wasting both mine and their time?

if you waste a chance, you are just missing on an opportunity. What's done is done- you have an opportunity, use it man. You went through few exams to prove yourself for interview stage.

your interview will be based on the first application you filled (the one you applied with)- Form B is what you take to interview. so if you don't have info on quitting college on the first interview, slim chance they will ask you about it.

If they do bring the subject of quitting college- give them some reasonable response. instead of you hated it, better say you were under pressure and the subject seemed hard for you yada yada.

about prefering graduates over leaving cert- they probably do, but it's impression you create on them would work for you. make yourself stand out. sell yourself. show them you are team player, you want to join garda for public service, you can keep your cool, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Just starting to wobble - really want this . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

JC43 wrote: »
    Just starting to wobble - really want this . Thanks

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057576683/1/#post99167639

Here's a link for the interview thread. What I did back when I did the interview was go through this from start to finish and took notes of anything I found useful. Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

I wouldn't say you dropped out because it was too difficult they won't want to hear this- try and spin it as if you left for better opportunities/you felt it wasn't going to help you with your career in the long- term something that!

Advertisement