Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conlan-Barnes Card

• 10-03-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭

BoxNation...Sutcliffe in now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who's this lass anchoring the show?..mmm.

Cracking fight on now with Tyrone McKenna!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Having a good chat with yourself there walshb :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Unbelievable chin on Hanney. Cracking fight this.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Having a good chat with yourself there walshb :-)

Finally!

• Advertisement

Super stuff here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Just catching this now.

Tennyson / Geraghty is a nice scrap.

Geraghty needs to use his right jab instead of hooking wildly with it. Every time Tennyson throws his own jab it lands and is made look worse by the fact that Geraghty tries to counter it with a wild right hook which always seems to miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

2 good boxers. Both fast even at rnd 5 after taking significant shots. This is dead good

And that's why having some decent power can be so important. Geragthy has none. Tennyson has some. Unless your Pea Whitaker or a steel chinned Wayne McCullough, a lack of power or even sting will see you really struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Beautiful knockdown by Tennyson.

Good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Decent fights, enjoying this. Some nice shots from Tennyson

Aye. I reckon a good stoppage. Geraghty mightve got badly hurt otherwise. He shouldve feckin tried to back off n recover more from knock down instead of stating in that brawl. Spose tennyson wouldntve let him though

The head on this little Argentinian, looks like a little Street fighter. 40 years old, Paddy should knock him out in two

I cant see Barnes goin too far in his pro career. This is nothin special against a clearly lower class opponent. I hope im wrong. I am usually full of sh1t so its highly likely

All the way from Argentina! He's atrocious.

eoinzy2000 wrote: »
    I cant see Barnes goin too far in his pro career. This is nothin special against a clearly lower class opponent.

I see what you mean... but let's wait and see.

Paddy needs a big round here, not showing much to say he should be fast tracked. Doesn't look to have the power to hurt him. Hopefully he opens up a bit

duffman13 wrote: »
    Paddy needs a big round here, not showing much to say he should be fast tracked. Doesn't look to have the power to hurt him. Hopefully he opens up a bit

Barnes is and always will be feather fisted. That's just what it is. His talent is his work rate and good engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Paddy unlikely to challenge at the top level. A European title prob

walshb wrote: »
    Barnes is and always will be feather fisted. That's just what it is. His talent is his work rate and good engine.

No issues with that but if he struggles to hurt guys at this level, a big puncher will walk through him to land. As you said though, it's definitely a wait and see job with him.

• Advertisement

He being caught too easily. Hopefully he gets better, real fast. Commentators pure trying to make that argentinian sound like the best journeyman fightr ever

Only his second fight, but there's an awful lot more to the pro game than pitter patter punching. And at the upper level that's where it's found out.

If I was making a prediction I'd say British/Euro level at best.

When you're explaining your losing. Too many excuses

walshb wrote: »
    Only his second fight, but there's an awful lot more to the pro game than pitter patter punching. And at the upper level that's where it's found out.

If I was making a prediction I'd say British/Euro level at best.

Box nation trying to pump him up. Really hard to tell, I think a few 8 rounders over the next 4-6 months will sort out where he will fit in terms of level.

Saying in his interview his corner told him to take it easy and work the ring. We'll see more from him next time apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Very much a work in progress. Wouldn't rule out Paddy by any means. He'll be a tough out for his opponent at any level.

snowflaker wrote: »
    When you're explaining your losing. Too many excuses

Not at all. I understand what you mean though. Its so obvious the difference between amateur and pro. Framptons probably right though as well. The argentinian didnt want to win and was somewhat negative. If there was someone against him that wanted to win, it would be a better spectacle.

eoinzy2000 wrote: »
    Not at all. I understand what you mean though. Its so obvious the difference between amateur and pro. Framptons probably right though as well. The argentinian didnt want to win and was somewhat negative. If there was someone against him that wanted to win, it would be a better spectacle.

A better boxer would make short work of it

This female presenter impresses

Until Barnes steps up and gets cracked hard on the chin we can't know how he'll fare. In the pros there's dozens of nobodies out there who can take a punch and punch a little. So many permutations. If Paddy's chin proves to be solid he has a good chance of holding his own against many.

snowflaker wrote: »

This female presenter impresses

She sure does!😜

• Advertisement

This has the production values of a club show

Advertisement