Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CABINET CONNECTION

Options
  • 10-03-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have been trying to get connected to the nearest cabinet, I was made aware of friends who lived near to it, being contacted and signed up by Eir , and when I got in touch I was told the cabinet wasn't live yet despite me knowing to the contrary. However that was about 6 months ago, the cabinet is now live on the map, and when I contacted Eir again they are still unable to sort it for me, I. am within the 1.8km range, as told to me by an Eir technician so what's the problem, sort it out, left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, shocking customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

softlad wrote: »
    I have been trying to get connected to the nearest cabinet, I was made aware of friends who lived near to it, being contacted and signed up by Eir , and when I got in touch I was told the cabinet wasn't live yet despite me knowing to the contrary. However that was about 6 months ago, the cabinet is now live on the map, and when I contacted Eir again they are still unable to sort it for me, I. am within the 1.8km range, as told to me by an Eir technician so what's the problem, sort it out, left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, shocking customer service.
    Hi  softlad,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

You would need to be connected to the cabinet & within 2 Km's of the cabinet to avail of the efibre to the cabinet service. The further you are from the cabinet will affect the service you potentially can receive. You must also bear in mind lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes before reaching your home, if the cabinet is live and you are still unable to receive the service more than likely you are too far from this cabinet to receive this service or else just not connected to this cabinet I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement