Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

OOOHHHH When does it start - cant open the link etc?

Dovies wrote: »
    OOOHHHH When does it start - cant open the link etc?

Usually it's last week of April or first week of May but haven't seen anything to say exactly when it's starting. Odd given we are likely only 4 or 5 weeks away at this stage.

My kitchen rules is still on so maybe when that ends

• Advertisement

One week to go !!!!! Returning on May 1st.

Is Monday not an odd day for it to kick off ? Doesn't it usually air sunday to thursday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Most of us don't get it till Sept/ Oct when it is run by W or TLC. It runs Mon to Fri incl for all 60 plus episodes

And we're off!!!!! :pac:

Only had time to watch the 1st persons audition , if the standard of the rest if this high we're in for a cracker this year.

Few Irish accents there too. Was only a matter of time :D

EDIT: Serious standard this year, I know these are pre-prepared and practised dishes but wow. The negative is imo we are looking at another very dessert heavy season good as what we saw was.

The standard is unreal this year. I love desserts but I hope there are less domes!

I really missed this show. I think it's one of the best produced reality TV shows anywhere in the world today.

Mr E wrote: »
    The standard is unreal this year. I love desserts but I hope there are less domes!

I really missed this show. I think it's one of the best produced reality TV shows anywhere in the world today.

Ha ha and no parfaits etc that really annoyed me last year with a few of them churning out variations of the same thing, based on what was produced yesterday I have hopes we'll see some great stuff. Couple of them are very young 18 and 19. I thought that young lad was going to be all show with his micro gastronomy ate my hat there. Was one of the guys that got called back for today irish? was hard to place his accent. English guy's wife/partner sounded Irish too.

Was reading something last week about their sponsors or signing new ones. Companies like Coles etc throw money at it.

EDIT: the guy I was thinking of yesterday is most definitely Irish his name is Lee Behan
    He made top 24 today

• Advertisement

Today was a 2 hour double , back to Sunday to Thursday airing from this week. Just getting around to it now and it's great to hear Katie Perry at last :)

Go Lee!!!!!!

But calling a winner here and now Eliza

Watched the one with the desert last night. Just wondered why the other contestants told one of them that they weren't tempering the chocolate to the right temperature and someone else that they needed to make their mousse again but never told the girl that her acetate wasn't right??

Dovies wrote: »
    Watched the one with the desert last night. Just wondered why the other contestants told one of them that they weren't tempering the chocolate to the right temperature and someone else that they needed to make their mousse again but never told the girl that her acetate wasn't right??

Pressure test? Editing maybe, I don't know but you'd want to some piece of work not to call that out her if you spotted it.

Here's our horse in the race https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/contestants/lee-behan disappointed but not surprised our media haven't run with it yet and I know it won't air here for a few months and secrecy etc. but still he should get a mention here, it's the biggest and toughest masterchefs of them all. They cook more in the time Lee's been in than they do in most of the others in 3 or 4 episodes.

Caught up now. There really is some talent this year. The 2 youngsters Bryan and Callum are amazing. Hope they haven't peaked too early

Ep. 5 is finally up for those refreshing whereever they watch it, looking like I'll be skimming this one at this stage.

Home cooking week so
    no blast chillers and ice cream makers
    best week on masterchef ever!!!!!!
    Desert people
    to go this week unless they really have it.

Well yesterdays elimination was a deserved one, I'm not much of a cook but
    even I would have turned it over in the pan to finish it on the bottom vs crisping the skin. Unfortunate for Lee to go so early over something so simple, he'd have been safe but for that.

Definitely a deserved elimination - they were never going to last the pace

I'm not feeling it yet this year. Maybe they should have mixed up the formula? Not Season 5 mix it up but changed something? Baring a massive cock up I'm
    seeing already Eliza still and now Sarah finale.

Those pizzas looked amazing! Always wonder what I would eat if I was in the restaurant when these guys were cooking - I don't eat lamb or fish and that's all they seem to do. They never throw them an 'allergy' curve ball either - gluten or shellfish etc.

Oh yeah those pizzas did look yum and I'm not even a fan of them usually.

• Advertisement

Ffs now after today I'm questioning how real folks cook chips? Roosters, knife, airfryer + a southern fried chicken fillet from our local butcher with me favouring a burger bun and some cheese , tomato etc etc and her likeing it on its own covered in mayo.

But seriously how some cooked chips was rank, think one cooked them 4 times . Chips are chips. Chip spud, par boil or not depending on spud and time of year and put in oil once = yum not what these clowns did to them.

First Immunity pin of the year
    well deserved and a very close Pressure Test yesterday.

Most of the ones I thought were all show with a prepared dish and too young from the auditions are proving to be just that so far and sitting mid pack at best and not featuring on camera.

Caught up now I think. Re the elimination rounds - I wish they would go back to when all the contestants watched the elimination and then went back to the house. They didn't know who was eliminated until the ones that were staying got back to the house.

Disappointing lack of drama to the relay this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Disappointing lack of drama to the relay this year :(

Ahh now in fairness michelle was shocking. Definition of a one trick desert pony even more so than reynold was. She gives off the impression of having learned some very specific tricky deserts but having nothing else. More complex mystery boxes are gonna be a real problem for her.

Wow that pressure test. The two girls here were foaming at the mouth when they saw it.

The state of
    Bryan's
    apron at the end was unreal compared to the other two :D

I'm liking how the eliminations are going , wheat from chaff so far and people they were setting up in auditions to be another reynold get schooled by the man himself.

Can't see a situation so far were someone like Elise from last year can coast on cooking the same deserts every given chance and making it to 4th. Once we get to top 10 even 15 assuming the right people arel in and not caught out by team challenges we are in for a fight.

Aside from Eliza and Sara , I've warmed to the 2 Sams, and Pete. With pete we could have another trent from season 6 ??? He's already been in blacks a few times and is a very likeable guy.

Awwww end of the road for Pete :(

Really not feeling it this year so far. I've even skimmed some episodes. I did like Pete though. Ray on the other hand is that annoying person we all know is rubbish but still manages to slip though.

I'm about a week behind but I'm still enjoying it. I watched the streetfood episode this morning (which was last Wednesday's one I think) and the food looked very tasty.

There are still times where I look at people in the gantry during eliminations and wonder "Who the hell are YOU?".
    There are people who are floating right in the middle of the pack who are never at the top or bottom, so they never seem to feature.

Ray should have been gone weeks ago.

• Advertisement

9 lives Ray!! Tonights episode should be good. Hope its an 'early exiter' that comes back

Advertisement