Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia Season 9

2»

Comments

Dovies wrote: »
    9 lives Ray!! Tonights episode should be good. Hope its an 'early exiter' that comes back

Just started watching it, want to see Pete or Samuel back , please not yesterdays person , could be a genuinely lovely person but waaaayyyy too enthusiastic doing the cutaways. Really annoying, Not as annoying or talented as Theresa from last year though.

EDIT: Who was it we wanted rid of for ages last year , the older pilot guy wasn't it ? Oh wait no Trent lol

Also I'm not seeing many dome moulds this year :D

EDIT EDIT: FFS

That stunk of a fix to me .

What I never got was why wake them at the crack of dawn for Thursday elimination :confused:

Like by the time they get 70-90 minutes to cook after however long make up etc takes it's likely well after lunch.

Don't get me started about them getting a car each for elimination I know they have sponsors but still.

Interesting one though for elimination , want Tamara out but want Ray out more .

As the series goes on I'm liking Ben more .

EDIT: Yay :D

I think it's down to a battle of the blondes now and Sarah and Heston week. I think I called it Eliza to win ? I'll paddy power those odds I think, she has masterchef winner written all over her. Looked good early and has been anonymous since for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep Eliza is pretty good but Ben is sneaking up the rear so to say!
    Lurve Heston Week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm up to the start of Heston week now.

I didn't mind Tamara getting back in. I think in previous years when they did this, the most recent (or most recent -1) contestant always came back anyway.

That fright could give her the impetus to go on to win the thing.

I think this is a pretty open contest. There are at least 5 or 6 who could make it to the finale - nobody is running away with it.

• Advertisement

George is really annoying me this season, I know he's been fed lines but I'd be just as happy watch this without him there at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone else think Callan should have been eliminated instead of Sam?

jester77 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Callan should have been eliminated instead of Sam?

He'll be gone before the finale hopefully. The last of those who served up a well practised dish in the auditions who had little else to offer. Was it him or Brian they made a point of mentioning the micro gastronomy with? Either way we saw none of that in his cooks.

I said Eliza from the start but Ben is showing form now and Diana is too. Those three at the end but I have a soft spot for Eloise. Think she could feature if she loses the rough edges.

I said Eliza from the start but Ben is showing form now and Diana is too. Those three at the end but I have a soft spot for Eloise. Think she could feature if she loses the rough edges.

I think Eloise is starting to crack a little bit. Just can't take to Diana. Still loving Ben - the fact that he is easy on the eye helps

Awww Eloise gone :(

Finals week next week already? Seems this year they didn't have even as close to previous years in terms of guests, no Marco etc.

They steered them away from the repetition we saw last year with the deserts and dome moulds but we saw a hell of a lot of icecream. This has been the poorest season since season 5

They need to change the format for next year, i loved that this year few wen't out that didn;t deserve it on a team challenge and there were fewer serve 100's in pop up's or restaurants challenges but george and the mystery box , pressure test , immunity has to go .Immunity means nothing if it has to be won vs pros and then has to be given away at the end in Japan. They didn;t even have the power apron this year.

• Advertisement

Arum winning immunity was questionable at best. Fine cook but stunk of stacking the odds in the contestants favour to balance the team challenge to 4v4

Finals week! Surprise elimination last night :(

Arum winning immunity was questionable at best. Fine cook but stunk of stacking the odds in the contestants favour to balance the team challenge to 4v4

Defo, he is one of the weaker cooks there, very surprised he has gotten this far. The immunity is more than questionable. They needed an even number for the following day, what would they have done if he hadn't won... very obvious it was set up for him.

jester77 wrote: »
    Defo, he is one of the weaker cooks there, very surprised he has gotten this far.

Thought he would have been gone early.

Dovies wrote: »
    Thought he would have been gone early.
    Well now he is

Tough to pick the winner, they can all produce super dishes on their day. Karlie is the most consistent but her "oh me" when picked is grating.

btw, I still like George :D and I'm glad they dropped the Masterclasses to web episodes

I'm still butt hurt over this season , really don't care who wins but those who are left deserve it. They didn't have the ones to route for this year at all really and it seems to have been scaled back in terms of guests and locations like the blew the budget with heston week and Japan. This despite the massive increate in sponsorship this year.

No Marco even ? Too busy over here in The Restaurant on TV3 maybe ? and those setting pressure tests were largely not the old favorites. We've also seen a lot less of the contestants at the house this year too.

Maybe it's MCA fatigue at this point and not being able to look passed the formula etc any more or it being more obvious.

EDIT: Thought this was finals weeks but listings suggest this is getting dragged to next week ????

yeah no real favourites for me this year - apart from Ben :)
    Don't think my hubbie can stand another week lol
    Friend of mine was a judge last week on Masterchef Thailand - think it was a restaurant round and she was on the guest list!

EDIT: Thought this was finals weeks but listings suggest this is getting dragged to next week ????

Sunday is the Semi-Final and Monday is the Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I bailed out about 3 weeks ago as it was just missing something this year and I was really over Sara's faux humble schtick.. AFAIK Marco has fallen out with Matt Preston over comments Matt made about his son after he got into some trouble and so has refused to be a part of this season. I'm not really a Marco fan but I always thought the chefs seemed so inspired by him, I really liked his week. I've still been checking who's in or out and I'd like Ben to win.

I'm a few weeks behind and I've resorted to flicking through the episodes. I'm in the middle of Japan week. I watch the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes. I don't feel like I'm missing much. I might power through to the finale tonight.

• Advertisement

I think they had Diana already picked as the winner. Ben's dessert was slightly better, and Matt gave her a 9 :confused:

ah, I was not the only one... http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/masterchef-fans-question-grand-finals-orchestrated-result/news-story/7e65164afa66716f1259dd36b4ebf99c

I really couldn't have cared less who won between the two at the end, both deserved it but for me this year more than ever in the finale the fact they'd had maybe a week or more to prep and be coached for it came across very strong.

Advertisement