Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo stages rally - special stages location?

Options
  • 11-03-2017 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Anyone know where are the special stages located during Mayo stages rally this year - it's taking place in Achill, but it would be nice to know in advance, to find the best spot for spectating.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

CiniO wrote: »
    Hi.

Anyone know where are the special stages located during Mayo stages rally this year - it's taking place in Achill, but it would be nice to know in advance, to find the best spot for spectating.

Thanks.

I can tell you where one spot is. The special stage is running from basically the crossroads before Ted Lavelle pub up to before cloughmore village. Up by the bottom of the hill with the tv tower and masts on it.

A good spot is and it's where I'll be myself. After you cross the bridge. Go though the small village of achill sound. . Take the next left. Then after about 2 miles. Take the right. Your looking for ashleam and dooega on signs. Follow the road to the end. It's closed at the end for the rally.

https://goo.gl/maps/ETgs8Khzb1S2

The rally will be coming from the right and going around the hairpin and then down and up the hill there. It was a good spot last time.

Not a 100 percent sure where the other special stage is. The same 2 stages is being run 3 times.

The 1 3 5 are the ones up the way I have listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

irishgeo wrote: »
    I can tell you where one spot is. The special stage is running from basically the crossroads before Ted Lavelle pub up to before cloughmore village. Up by the bottom of the hill with the tv tower and masts on it.

A good spot is and it's where I'll be myself. After you cross the bridge. Go though the small village of achill sound. . Take the next left. Then after about 2 miles. Take the right. Your looking for ashleam and dooega on signs. Follow the road to the end. It's closed at the end for the rally.

https://goo.gl/maps/ETgs8Khzb1S2

The rally will be coming from the right and going around the hairpin and then down and up the hill there. It was a good spot last time.

Not a 100 percent sure where the other special stage is. The same 2 stages is being run 3 times.

The 1 3 5 are the ones up the way I have listed.

Thanks, that's perfect.

I was hoping that special stage would be going through that bendy uphill sections.
    I'll be there tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

hope you enjoyed the rally.

Advertisement