Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deductions working for SEC

Options
  • 11-03-2017 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know what is the total percentage (or roughly) of gross pay are deductions? I always used 62% as a guideline but I think there have been a few reductions in levies etc. Thanks

I work full time, pay higher tax rate and don't give any tax credits to SEC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I think that's a hard one to answer because some people allocate tax credits to the SEC and some don't. Don't know about anyone else, but I don't look at the breakdown of tax, all I know is I'm paying lots, expenses aren't taxed, and given that there is an advance is July, I have a fair idea what I will get into my hand in total after deductions between the July advance and the final payment in October, but I never bother to work out exact percentages. It would be too depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I do a few bits and pieces for them. Just trying to figure out superintending pay tbh. I know my prd is 10.5% of gross, then from taxable gross (after prd) paye 40%, USC 5%??, prsi 4%??
    Unsure about USC and prsi rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Might be simpler to ask the SEC or Revenue to explain it to you. Both have been very helpful when i've had queries:)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Am I right in saying that the PRD does not got towards my pension and in fact is just another deduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Am I right in saying that the PRD does not got towards my pension and in fact is just another deduction?
    yes, just an additional public pay tax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement