Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for Paddy's Night?

• 11-03-2017 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Planning a night away for Paddy's, looking for somewhere with good pubs with live music. Thinking Doolin or Lahinch. Where would ye recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

I originally come from a townland between both of these villages. Both will be busy enough. Lahinch will probably be busier (it's bigger) but if you get Doolin on a good night the place will be hopping. Couldn't say what it'd be on Paddy's day as I can't remember from previous years (don't go out there much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

On certain days like New Years, bank holidays or indeed Paddy's Lahinch can be uncomfortably busy. It's a popular spot and of the 6-7 pubs there none of them are actually that big!

I'd say Doolin could be a good shout :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks guys, coming from Galway and want somewhere relatively close by, within 2 hour drive. Any other places ye would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

toadfly wrote:
    Thanks guys, coming from Galway and want somewhere relatively close by, within 2 hour drive. Any other places ye would recommend?

I'd stick with either Lahinch or Doolin to be honest. Both will have a good mix of local and tourists (foreign and domestic)

Advertisement