Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda E-Vetting or Vetting letter

Options
  • 11-03-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi forum,

I have a question regarding e-vetting. What is the difference between Garda
    e-vetting and a vetting letter (from last year) from the Garda? Apart from the e-vetting being the more up to date, are schools really enforcing this? Or does the letter usually suffice?

I have a sub to cover me for a week who is TC registered and has a garda vetting letter from 2016, but this does not seem to be enough.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You must have Garda vetting disclosure or u cant be employed, principal would be committing a criminal offence. Only exception is if person already worked in school under old vetting system last year or before. The new vetting includes soft info e.g. Arrests
    Every sub seems to know that they must have this completed though

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Thanks for your reply TheDriver...so a letter of disclosure will not suffice? It has to be the "digitry" version?
    Even if the Council has not issued the digital version to all members? Sorry for the questions....sticky wicket scenario here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm not sure about the digi vs written but there was a new version of vetting came in early in 2016 and its this form of vetting must be presented i.e. garda vetting disclosure as opposed to the older garda vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Everyone must complete the digitary vetting even though they may have the original Garda vetting from the previous year. I had mine done from December 2015 and had to do it under the new system the following June. On the plus it doesn't take very long and once you have it completed once it won't be as difficult.

Advertisement