Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA introduced buyer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Rereading the thread, both 4ensic15 and Davos are clearly talking about the contract for the sale of the property, not the contract for the EA's services. The question raised by 4ensic15 in post 26 is whether the intending purchaser, after signing the contract, is still free to back out before the vendor has signed the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Rereading the thread, both 4ensic15 and Davos are clearly talking about the contract for the sale of the property, not the contract for the EA's services. The question raised by 4ensic15 in post 26 is whether the intending purchaser, after signing the contract, is still free to back out before the vendor has signed the contract.

Actually you are half right, I'm talking about both in the context of this thread. The op seems to say that EA cancelled the sale contract, I don't see how the EA could do this.

Also, the buyer signed the contract so it's fair to presume that it was the seller who pulled the plug, thus probably driving the EA and the buyer mad. I'm not sure why 4ensic15 posted that the buyer could also pull the plug, technically he is right but if the buyer had in this case, wouldn't the op have said the buyer pulled out and the EA wouldn't have lost the plot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

davo10 wrote: »
    Eh, are you sure about that?

The contract of sale is the offer from the vendor, the buyer considers it and accepts when he/she signs the contract. The intention to enter legal relations is satisfied by the offer and acceptance.

I'm not a lawyer, but this has come up before in this forum.

The contract for sale is an invitation to treat from the vendor. When it is signed and returned by the buyer there is an offer. EAs are obliged to accept booking deposits subject to contract so there is no question of a concluded contract until both parties have signed.

As for the contract between the seller and the EA it would be most unusual if the seller could just walk away after the EA had produced a ready, willing and able buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

This thread has strayed too far into legal discussion and legal advice to remain open. OP the contract is the first port of call, and this may necessitate a call to a solicitor depending on the complexity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement