Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting/Garda Clearance

Options
  • 11-03-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I work in third level, so do not normally require Garda clearance for my job.

However, I volunteered in my local school to help out with Coder Dojo and I was told I'd need Garda clearance.

The person wasn't exactly able to articulate what I needed - whether it was Garda vetting or Garda clearance.

Is there a difference, or are they the same thing? How do I go about applying for whatever I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Garda Vetting / Garda Clearance is the same

Your registered sponsor admin person in your employment team needs to request Garda vetting for you only he/she can apply for you . You are not allowed to directly apply for it yourself . Garda vetting is conducted on behalf of registered organisations only and is not conducted for individual persons on a personal basis.

No. Vetting is conducted only on behalf of relevant organisations that are registered with the National Vetting Bureau and is not conducted for individual persons on a personal basis.

For more info visit the website

https://vetting.garda.ie/Help/FAQ

Advertisement