Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Days

Options
  • 11-03-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

In the primary sector, if a teacher attends courses in July/August they are entitled to take a number of days off during the year. I don't know the exact details however so my info is imperfect. Is there any similar scheme for second level teachers does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

In the primary sector, if a teacher attends courses in July/August they are entitled to take a number of days off during the year. I don't know the exact details however so my info is imperfect. Is there any similar scheme for second level teachers does anyone know?

There's not that I've ever heard of. Typically the summer courses are aimed at primary teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its an INTO agreement i think, nothing for 2nd level. Also note a primary teacher is entitled to a day but the school cant get a sub

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭icebergiceberg

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its an INTO agreement i think, nothing for 2nd level. Also note a primary teacher is entitled to a day but the school cant get a sub

I think, but am not sure, that the scheme actually applies to teachers who work in primary schools irrespective of which union they are in.

Advertisement