Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD stall at the market

• 11-03-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about these fellas selling hash oil in the market. Is it one of those "I know it's illegal but I'm making a stand on moral grounds" sort of operations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

First off if it is CBD it is not "hash oil."

CBD Cannabidoil contains no THC or psychoactive substances.

It is perfectly legal and available in all health stores.

What brand of CBD were they selling? Whereabouts in the market?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a similar thought the other day, when I saw a post by Eats of Eden on facebook, offering some CBD oil as a prize. A quick google brought out some interesting uses for it. Epilepsy, anxiety, sleep. Actually started following a lady on facebook who is giving some to her ASD son. Sounds too good to be true, to be honest, but no harm keeping an open mind. :-)

MarkR wrote: »
    I had a similar thought the other day, when I saw a post by Eats of Eden on facebook, offering some CBD oil as a prize. A quick google brought out some interesting uses for it. Epilepsy, anxiety, sleep. Actually started following a lady on facebook who is giving some to her ASD son. Sounds too good to be true, to be honest, but no harm keeping an open mind. :-)

There has been many scientific studies on its uses. Just read up on it.

Nature's Hand in the Crescent has it too. Most good health stores have it.

You might have heard of a woman in the news lately walking from Cork to Dublin to meet Simon Harris to get Medical Marijuana for her daughter who has severe epilepsy. She uses CBD oil and it has greatly reduced the seizures but in order to completely stop them she needs medical marijuana which is currently illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Exeggcute wrote: »
    First off if it is CBD it is not "hash oil."

CBD Cannabidoil contains no THC or psychoactive substances.

It is perfectly legal and available in all health stores.

What brand of CBD were they selling? Whereabouts in the market?

Not sure what brand. There were two guys set up next to Smyths bar.

My cursory google suggests that it is not legal.

Not sure what brand. There were two guys set up next to Smyths bar.

My cursory google suggests that it is not legal.

You are wrong. It is 100% legal with two Irish company's - Celtic Wind Crops and Hempture - both growing hemp in Louth and Wicklow to make this oil with government licences issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

It is to do with the concentration (if that is the correct word in this instance) of the CBD. Certain products are legal.

They don't have THC which is what gives you a 'high' from cannabis. CBD is the 'relaxing' component of cannabis.

Legal and law not enforced are not the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Do a more in depth Google...

I don't know what the lads are selling in the market, just talking about what is LEGALLY sold.

Well aware of that. CBD made by Celtic Wind Crops and Hempture are 100% legal. They were issued licences by the government and are stocked in health stores nationwide.

If the guys in the market are selling the above they are perfectly entitled to do so and therefore your thread and insinuations are baseless and potentially damaging to their business

Exeggcute wrote:
    If the guys in the market are selling the above they are perfectly entitled to do so and therefore your thread and insinuations are baseless and potentially damaging to their business

I'm just one more ignorant punter that needs to be educated then. I don't think the onus is on me to research every non psychoactive compound in weed and determine its legality or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm just one more ignorant punter that needs to be educated then. I don't think the onus is on me to research every non psychoactive compound in weed and determine its legality or otherwise.

The onus absolutely is on you to educate yourself, if the alternative is that you're instead damaging the reputation of legitimate traders.

Christ almighty, some people eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pete The beat byrne

The guys in the market were selling charlottes web which is one of the strongest strains of cbd as far as I know they were unlicensed but my mum got some there last month and it gave her great relief with her arthritis and brought down her blood sugar levels as she's diabetic. She went looking for more today but couldn't find the stall. So I'm not sure if they are still there.They sell really strong swiss cbd in eats of eden sure they give this stuff to people to help with withdrawals from weed. All the anecdotal evidence is being backed up by scientific data now. It isn't too good to be true... some even say it cure tumors in dogs and now humans google rick simpson oil

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flemen79

CBD oil is a great cure for pain and anxiety and you can use it without any fear. So i think the use of it also not legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flemen79

CBD oil is a great cure for pain and anxiety and you can use it without any fear. So i think the use of it also not legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The cannabis cookie things they sell in Eats of Eden in the jar are flipping delicious! I am addicted to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Do you have to be approved to sell it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Flemen79 wrote:

Yes, of course it's a great cure for pain and anxiety because what's being ingested is simply a refined derivative of Cannabis. Smoking a joint will produce similar effects!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Im using the cbd cream for psoriasis and it is really helping. The idea that this is illegal is laughable. There is no thc in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The idea that THC is illegal is laughable too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 malwina23

Hello everyone Please can anyone help me to get any information about where you can get RSO oil or information related to this oil.I live in Ireland but my really good friend who is suffering from cancer stages 4 is from Poland, last 7 years polish doctors heals him only chemotherapy, which does not help any more Hi is gets worse and weaker day by day you can see that the disease is progressing really fast,practically every part of the body hurts him a lot,medications that prescribe polish doctors work for his pain but for a short times.Him current state of health is very bad. In Poland everything what's helping people fight with the cancer is banned and not legally or it is so expensive that if you are not rich you can not afford the treatment. For example...intravenous vitamin C infusion therapy that helps sick people to fight disease is banned,Doctors in Poland besides chemotherapy will do nothing more for him, they not tried other treatments and will not try I'm really I am very worried about him because his mother died at the age of 33 on the same illness he is sick, this year he will be 33 years old. I see that this year the disease has started to move much faster than before cancer spread everywhere on his body to fast, so I do not have much time to find a way that will help him.In Poland there is no chance of getting different way to help him besides chemotherapy.He can not count on any help from Medical centers-doctors or families because there is no one next to him. My friend today is coming to Ireland hi will stay with me for 3 weeks.I beg for help from anyone who would show me the way to get those oils or some information about them anything that would help him fight against one of the worst disease cancer. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jacksparrow92

Not a hash oil but a legal medicine now, CBD has helped me a lot with my insomnia and post-workout muscle soreness, there are many shops in the city center that carry American brands which really help. The woman that walked from Cork to Dublin is a brave one.

Advertisement