Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcreene Hospital - directions, accommodation

Options
  • 11-03-2017 3:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Hi guys
    I am going to be moving soon to kilkenny for a short period of time (one month) and working in kilcreene hospital
    I don't drive
    Just wondering would any of you be able to offer any advice
    Is it far out from kilkenny city centre?
    Is there a bus service that passes by ?
    Any tips on getting short term accommodation

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

BigBulldog wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I am going to be moving soon to kilkenny for a short period of time (one month) and working in kilcreene hospital
    I don't drive
    Just wondering would any of you be able to offer any advice
    Is it far out from kilkenny city centre?
    Is there a bus service that passes by ?
    Any tips on getting short term accommodation

Thank you
    I really hate to tell but of all the hospitals Kilcreene is the least pedestrian friendly, actually I'm not sure if there's paths on any of the approach roads. If you don't drive then could you cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

catbear wrote: »
    I really hate to tell but of all the hospitals Kilcreene is the least pedestrian friendly, actually I'm not sure if there's paths on any of the approach roads. If you don't drive then could you cycle?

There are footpaths some of the way. But is a bit of a walk and one I wouldn't like to do every day. I can't think of any guest houses over there

dzer2 wrote: »
    There are footpaths some of the way. But is a bit of a walk and one I wouldn't like to do every day. I can't think of any guest houses over there
    I can't think of any.

I guess a room in a house in Roberts hill would be handy but it really is the least developed side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

dzer2 wrote: »

Nearest guest houses might be the one on the Circular Rd (beside The Sceilp pub) or the B&B at the Waterbarracks (opposite the soccer pitch). Both would be equidistant I'd imagine, approx 15min walk. Hotel Kilkenny or few more B&Bs on Callan Rd might be worth considering too OP. Having a bike would be beneficial. Good luck

If you google b&b's in Kilkenny it brings up a map with the names of lots of b&bs and their location in relation to Kilcreene hospital.
    You can get a similiar map on the airbnb site so you might find something there.
    Robertshill, Fatima Place, Kennyswell and Circular rd are the nearest housing estates, - chances are there are people living there who would rent out a room for a month.
    The tourist office would also probably have a list of homeowners who would rent out a room. If you get somewhere to stay in the west of the city it's not a long walk to Kilcreene at all - although a bike would be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I just checked airbnb and came across this

http://abnb.me/EVmg/2iAw0KNQsB

I can vouch for the owner as I used to work with her many moons ago.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 BigBulldog

Thanks for all your help guys. Would most of these places expect the full rent price of circa 50 a night or could u work out a price for the month that would be different?

BigBulldog wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help guys. Would most of these places expect the full rent price of circa 50 a night or could u work out a price for the month that would be different?
    I think Days hotel on the ringroad might do a regular deal for you but that would be miserable. Try the rooms to let on Daft and contact them to negotiate.

Best of luck.

Advertisement