Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to sell clothes, mostly unworn

• 11-03-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for where I can sell my clothes, I've tried car boot sales but it doesn't suit it really because my clothes are nearly new and a lot have tags and are good brands, and people don't go to car boot sales for clothes really. I've tried groups on FB but it's so slow and I have rails and rails of clothes so there must be some second hand (good) clothes sales/markets somewhere? I'm willing to sell for very cheap but don't want to just throw them out either. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

redfox123 wrote: »
    I'm looking for recommendations for where I can sell my clothes, I've tried car boot sales but it doesn't suit it really because my clothes are nearly new and a lot have tags and are good brands, and people don't go to car boot sales for clothes really. I've tried groups on FB but it's so slow and I have rails and rails of clothes so there must be some second hand (good) clothes sales/markets somewhere? I'm willing to sell for very cheap but don't want to just throw them out either. Thanks!

Adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

Don't know where you're based but in Dublin try Siopaella in the city centre, Platform in Rathgar and Bella Blackrock, in Blackrock Market (they all have Facebook pages and websites). They will all take a commission, and I know Siopaella has a few options i.e. cash up front / cash when sold / store credit. You're best calling them in advance to see what they're accepting.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭redfox123

Thanks, have applied to Blackrock they don't seem to want people selling clothes, I will try siopaella I did get impression they're more into designer stuff and I don't have much of that. Have tried adverts and sold nothing I think it's generally too much effort for people and also my clothes are all very small,6-8. I really think it would be a good idea to set up a market somewhere where people can bring their unwanted/unworn and newish clothes to sell cheaply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Depop if they are good brands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hi redfox 123. Are any of them skirts? I would be interested if you still have them as I am skirt size 6 to 8 depending on the brand and type of skirt.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Depop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Give them to one of the charity shops that resell clothes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The resale value on second hand clothes (worn or not) is really low, especially high street brands.

Depop is good if you have current, trend stuff, but you need to be really clear in your selling terms. I tried to sell some bits and people were taking the piss with offers and delivery, it wasn't worth the time.

People look to buy items to sell on at a higher price on eBay or at markets - if you are looking for a quick sale I would look in to bundling your items ie sell in bulk - "Lot of 6 dresses, new with tags, Zara, Topshop, River Island €40 ono" and just get rid. If you really have racks of clothes I think you're wasting your time selling individually unless they're designer - my two cents anyway!

Advertisement