Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IUI tomorrow

Options
  • 11-03-2017 6:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭

The clinic has us in tomorrow(Sunday) to do the IUI,
    Anyone with any info on what to expect as it's a first for us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Bigbok wrote: »
    The clinic has us in tomorrow(Sunday) to do the IUI,
    Anyone with any info on what to expect as it's a first for us

I've had IUI done so I'll try and help. First of all its not painful at all. We attend Sims. My husband gives a semen sample in Sims and we both return to the clinic two hours later. We are both brought to a theatre type ward with a hatch. We repeat and confirm our name and date of birth numerous times. There is a hatch in the theatre room and someone from the lab will open it and confirm info again and the quality of the sample.

It's very like a smear. It's not sore just uncomfortable for about two minutes. It's important to relax your body as hard as that can be!! The semen is inserted just like a swab is done for a smear test. Then you remain on a bed that's tilted for about twenty minutes before you can leave.

I had no side affects or pain afterwards. I was able to work the next day. Numerous people including posters on Boards have been successful so keep positive.
    Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

I've had IUI done so I'll try and help. First of all its not painful at all. We attend Sims. My husband gives a semen sample in Sims and we both return to the clinic two hours later. We are both brought to a theatre type ward with a hatch. We repeat and confirm our name and date of birth numerous times. There is a hatch in the theatre room and someone from the lab will open it and confirm info again and the quality of the sample.

It's very like a smear. It's not sore just uncomfortable for about two minutes. It's important to relax your body as hard as that can be!! The semen is inserted just like a swab is done for a smear test. Then you remain on a bed that's tilted for about twenty minutes before you can leave.

I had no side affects or pain afterwards. I was able to work the next day. Numerous people including posters on Boards have been successful so keep positive.
    Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply,all done and dusted,was there for about 35min so now just the two week wait before been able to do a test

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

How are you getting on since OP? I'll be doing IUI next week, first one. Done three rounds of TSI but this'll be the first iui. Did you guys work on the day of the procedure? I'm hoping to take the day off, just head home and relax.

lashes34 wrote: »
    How are you getting on since OP? I'll be doing IUI next week, first one. Done three rounds of TSI but this'll be the first iui. Did you guys work on the day of the procedure? I'm hoping to take the day off, just head home and relax.

Hi,we done our iui on a Sunday and took about 30-45min,went home and she was back to
    Work the next day,had a small bit of uncomfort but nothing bad at all.

We just waiting now as we can't test until Tuesday week so long wait:(

Best of luck with urs.we done ours at merrion fertility clinic,found them
    All excellent

How did you get on today?hipe all went well.

• Advertisement

How did you get on today?hipe all went well.

Thanks Bigbok. Had my final scan, IUI scheduled for Friday morning. Have a 18 & a 15 so fingers crossed this works.

IUI failed:(

As anyone actually gotten a positive from IUI?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Sorry to hear that.

We had positive result from IUI, so it does work. We are having our 20 week scan this Friday

Really sorry to hear that, its so tough.

I will let you know in a few weeks how we get on, hopefully.

Do you have a plan for the next step or taking some time out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Really sorry to hear that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Im so sorry to hear that.

IUI didn't work for me, but it did work for a friend of mine so it does sometimes work.

Really sorry to hear that, its so tough.

I will let you know in a few weeks how we get on, hopefully.

Do you have a plan for the next step or taking some time out?

Thanks,yeah the plan is to do another one asap,but I think they want the other half to not use clomid next time,I'm away from home at the moment and only back in the country next week so will know more when I get home.

Round two of IUI set for Monday coming.hopefully all goes well

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Round two of IUI set for Monday coming.hopefully all goes well

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread but just wondering how did it go for you?

I had IUI done in October 2015 & it was successful first time, despite being given only a 12% chance of it working! I was almost 39 at the time. I have since had a baby boy who just turned 1!
    I hope it worked for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Just to add another positive to this: my wife is due in two weeks with our first after a success IUI in SIMS. We had three failed IUIs previous to that which was difficult but they got us there in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an oldish thread but just wondering how did it go for you?

I had IUI done in October 2015 & it was successful first time, despite being given only a 12% chance of it working! I was almost 39 at the time. I have since had a baby boy who just turned 1!
    I hope it worked for you x

The OP is banned so you most likely won't get a reply.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bee06 wrote: »
    The OP is banned so you most likely won't get a reply.

Didn't spot that. Thanks!

Advertisement