Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer ink

• 11-03-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Tesco (Kinnegad) are selling off a large selection of printer inks really cheap.
    Just grabbed a Canon 551 multipack for €4.90 (normally about €40.)
    Sorry didn't check other printer inks but there were two big bargain bins full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Be careful if buying any HP ink, the majority is expired and some HP printers will refuse to work on expired ink. You can find the expired date on the back of the package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Affluenza wrote: »
    Be careful if buying any HP ink, the majority is expired and some HP printers will refuse to work on expired ink. You can find the expired date on the back of the package
    I knew printer ink was a racket in general (multiple thousands of €/l), but I never knew there were expiration dates, or that printers could reject ink based on that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

I knew printer ink was a racket in general (multiple thousands of €/l), but I never knew there were expiration dates, or that printers could reject ink based on that :eek:

Yeah it is an absolute joke!! I've had ink carts laying around for years and never had any problem with them. Some of HP's printers will flatout decline the cart if it is over 12 months from expiry date even if the ink is perfectly fine and not dried up etc. One of the biggest scams out there

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

Affluenza wrote: »
    Yeah it is an absolute joke!! I've had ink carts laying around for years and never had any problem with them. Some of HP's printers will flatout decline the cart if it is over 12 months from expiry date even if the ink is perfectly fine and not dried up etc. One of the biggest scams out there

Most mid range and up printers will have settings you can change to say you have non-hp / dell / epson cartridges - this should override the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

My source, a shortly to redundant HP person, says there is an ifd chip in the cartridges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

BarryM wrote: »
    My source, a shortly to redundant HP person, says there is an ifd chip in the cartridges.

Assuming ifd = infinite free droplets, that great news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

BarryM wrote: »

WTF is an "IFD chip"

Advertisement