Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Apartment

Options
  • 11-03-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Going to view an apartment tomorrow in a very sought after complex. Landlord has looked for employee references. I've gone back to a paid college course and my OH is employed so we have a reference from his employer and my previous landlord. We were just wondering if having a deposit on us tomorrow would help us secure the apartment? Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Going to view an apartment tomorrow in a very sought after complex. Landlord has looked for employee references. I've gone back to a paid college course and my OH is employed so we have a reference from his employer and my previous landlord. We were just wondering if having a deposit on us tomorrow would help us secure the apartment? Any advice much appreciated

Honestly- if its in a sought after area or development- the landlord will most probably have his pick of tenants- many of whom will most probably offer several month's rent as a deposit.

There is no harm having the deposit with you- however, its not going to distinguish you from any other prospective renters to be brutally honest- not having it- might go against you- having it, is the norm.........

If it is as sought after as you suggest it is- is there some manner in which you can showcase yourself as a prospective tenant- that will make you a more desireable tenant for a landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

If it is as sought after as you suggest it is- is there some manner in which you can showcase yourself as a prospective tenant- that will make you a more desireable tenant for a landlord?

Only thing I can think of is we are looking at this place as a long term home, both in mid 20's in employment locally and from the locality. So plan is to live here while we save for mortgage in next 4-5years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

So we bought 2 months rent as deposit and referee from employers (incl salary) and landlord. Offered the money but said she was giving everyone who viewed the place a chance before deciding on tenants....Just have to wait and see and keep our fingers crossed

Advertisement