Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance Transfer paid off, then what?

• 11-03-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

I transferred my credit card balance recently to a new company and I almost have it paid off. When I make the final payment, do I have to write a letter to the original credit card company saying its now fully paid and to cancel the card or do they contact you? The company is atrocious when it comes to answering customer service queries. Just wondered what the protocol is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You should have just cancelled the card when you transferred balance to new card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

peteb2 wrote: »
    You should have just cancelled the card when you transferred balance to new card

+1 and formally told them to close the account. Otherwise there is a risk that they will hit you with the Govt. annual charge of €30 which in the case of my BoI card comes around in early April.

Advertisement