Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Parties Friday Nights

Options
  • 11-03-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Will be up in the town again shortly, oap here, are there any particular hotels that should be avoided re these parties.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Definitely stay away from the Kilford

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

toe_knee wrote: »
    Definitely stay away from the Kilford

I think John's street in general.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was in town yesterday (Saturday) saw at least 7(seven) hens and 4(four) stags. Give the whole place a miss...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Was in town yesterday (Saturday) saw at least 7(seven) hens and 4(four) stags. Give the whole place a miss...

Might stick with midweek visits so, is it the same every weekend now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Might stick with midweek visits so, is it the same every weekend now.
    Even the locals find the weekend a hassle I think its your best bet Thursday night was allways a good night in Kilkenny comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think the problem in recent years is the standard of the stags and hens visiting the city.
    Lannigans, metropole provide pretty cheap rooms. I believe poc fada has some connection with what used to be brannigans there near greens bridge too.

Poc Fada is an absolute disgrace to be honest music busting out the door saturday afternoon .it is farce.

Was also walking up high street saturday about 2pm...about 8 "ladies" with blow up doll and a glass of wine in their hand.... I said to herself i bet you anything they are going in to the metropole...low and behold

I think we will be near tipping point.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think the problem in recent years is the standard of the stags and hens visiting the city.
    Lannigans, metropole provide pretty cheap rooms. I believe poc fada has some connection with what used to be brannigans there near greens bridge too.

Poc Fada is an absolute disgrace to be honest music busting out the door saturday afternoon .it is farce.

Was also walking up high street saturday about 2pm...about 8 "ladies" with blow up doll and a glass of wine in their hand.... I said to herself i bet you anything they are going in to the metropole...low and behold

I think we will be near tipping point.
    I cant understand how Hendersons was never taken over right there in the centre of everything, I agree with you that Poc Fada is a disgrace it brings down the parade the old castle inn is not as bad but it can be rough. Its a pity to see Tynans closed up its getting very delapetaded ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Will be up in the town again shortly, oap here, are there any particular hotels that should be avoided re these parties.

thanks.

Sorry my original post did not really answer your question. All the hotels in Kilkenny are a pretty good standard. It depends on what you are looking for and when you will be visiting and how much you want to spend.

I'm going to assume you want to stay in the town so you don't have to be bothering with taxis in and out.
    If you are visiting mid week I would go with the hibernian. lovely food and there will be night club to ruin your sleep.

Failing that i would go with the ormonde hotel, pembroke , Rivercourt.

Also there is a great value day pass that be got in the kilkenny chambers of commerces..for €29 you get into Canices towers, Smithwick tour, rothe house, The new museum in Marys, the little bus train and the hurling experience..i think there is vouchers for cafe etc...have not got one yet but will do when a few visitors are over in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Even the locals find the weekend a hassle I think its your best bet Thursday night was allways a good night in Kilkenny comfortable.

Maybe I'm just noticing them more, but there definitely seems to be an upsurge in Hens/Stag nights coming to Kilkenny again.
    I personally can't stand them especially the rougher ones.

road_high wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just noticing them more, but there definitely seems to be an upsurge in Hens/Stag nights coming to Kilkenny again.
    I personally can't stand them especially the rougher ones.

I don't know is it when you get older that Poc Fada is a disaster you could see anything around it . Its a pity in such a prime location it is allowed play deafening music, to me it reminds me of that comedy that was on UTV I think it was called Benidorm awfull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

poc fada is an absolute ****e hole. i make it a point to not go in there every time i go out. as for Hendersons, that place closes its doors around 9pm. it seems like they only opens the doors there as a hobby rather than as a business although i wouldn't blame them with what the riff raff that goes into poc fada only 2 doors down from him

Usually stay in Langtons as we know it well but its hard to getting any midweek booking after Tuesdays at this time of year and during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I don't know how both Lanigans, the Field and Poc Fada get away with the noise pollution, crowds on the footpaths and general nuisance they cause. I'd say 75% of trouble in town either originates or starts in these places. Awful kips

Is John street ok midweek tues-thurdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Is John street ok midweek tues-thurdays.

Yes. Its grand any night bar Saturday from midnight to the wee hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Hens and stags are the reason Kilkenny has earlier closeing times for our pubs and clubs. Not enough guards on the streets.

Advertisement