Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV sale

• 11-03-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,does anyone know when the next round of sales are on,I'm looking to buy a 42/43" led non smart TV for under €400 but would hang on till the sales if there is one on the horizon.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

glaswegian wrote: »
    Hi,does anyone know when the next round of sales are on,I'm looking to buy a 42/43" led non smart TV for under €400 but would hang on till the sales if there is one on the horizon.
    Cheers.

Electrical sales are BS. Artificially high "rrp" and pretend discounts.

Just look at the small print "on sale at higher price 10am to 10.30am monday 29th January 2016" or similar.

Seems to be some value in argos at present with extra 10% off tvs over €350.

See other thread about 48" hitachi smart 4k led for €347 after extra discount.

Future proof yourself and ensure you get a smart tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cheers.

Richer sounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Richer sounds.ie

Thanks folks,
    No silver,do you have a link to the thread with the hitachi?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Walker TVs in PowerCity are good value and are very reliable (IMO). I've got a few of them for relatives and no issues.
    https://powercity.ie/?par=10-13-218644

Samsung are always good specs.

Tesco: You may get a price drop in Tesco (depending on Stock)

But sale items tend to be "last weeks" technology. Bank Holiday events ( perhaps even this weekend) will have some promotions but don't expect to make a killing.

But for €400-€450 you will get a decent bit of kit.

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

Thanks folks,
    No silver,do you have a link to the thread with the hitachi?
    Cheers.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5487673/Trail/searchtext%3ESMART+TV.htm

Offer code TV10 gives extra 10% off instore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

nosilver wrote: »

Does the code work on any TVs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,281 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Quintis wrote: »
    Does the code work on any TVs?
    On selected tv's only - see this list

Tried the link ,but it says "product not available ".

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

LG 43" in Arnotts sale for €299. Know nothing about it other than I got the email the other day and your post reminded me
    http://www.arnotts.ie/lg-full-hd-tv-43lh510v/441200/650100100

Tried the link ,but it says "product not available ".
    Strange! Working fine for me.

Go to their latest offers page and click on the TV link

• Advertisement

Don't know if it's my phone or not,but link to arnotts saying product not available,Argos link shows 18 tv's but no sign of the hitachi.
    Also I'm living in Sligo so unfortunately don't have the access to the bigger stores like power city or Harvey Norman etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

The Arnotts link was working when I posted it (I checked to be sure) but it's showing unavailable now. I got the email from them last week so the offer had been running a few days. Sorry, Glasweigan, maybe what I saw earlier was the last gasp before they sold out.

Some of the bigger stores - Power City, DID etc - deliver nationwide so they may still be of use to you even if you don't have a local branch.

Must be your phone as all links are working for me. The Arnotts one seems to have gone up in price though by a couple of hundred to €530

This is the Hitachi model in question. There's 2 of them left in sligo

had a look at the hitachi 48" has anyone bought hitachi before/what are they like power consumption wise.?

had a look at the list muffler provided,there is an lg 43"smart tv for e489,if the 10% discount applies to this,it would shave another 48 quid off the price.
    how do you go about activating the discount code?

had a look at the list muffler provided,there is an lg 43"smart tv for e489,if the 10% discount applies to this,it would shave another 48 quid off the price.
    how do you go about activating the discount code?
    When you go to pay at the till just mention "TV10" and that should give you the 10% discount.

thanks muffler,i might spend the extra couple of quid and go for it.
    cheers.
    P.s. does the discount apply to the north? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Is the code applied already or do you need to mention it at the till?

Quintis wrote: »
    Is the code applied already or do you need to mention it at the till?

I got the TV I was after this morning nice lassie behind the counter spoke to the manager and the 10% was deducted.

Advertisement