Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions you nailed...

• 11-03-2017 11:44pm

...it could all go sour yet, but did say Wales might be no great shakes in the qualifiers with average players wrestling with the comedown after the Euros. And did think Paul Clemant was a good appointment by Swansea.

Well thought I might as well broadcast them before they went south...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I knew Jose would struggle at United, sure he has finally gone on a run, but still in 6th and no great shakes.
    Liverpool to make top 4...on course so far
    Chelsea to make top 4 (but didn't expect them to be top let alone 10 points clear)
    Leicester to struggle after selling Kante, didn't see Claudio sacked though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I knew Jose would struggle at United, sure he has finally gone on a run, but still in 6th and no great shakes.
    Chelsea to make top 4 (but didn't expect them to be top let alone 10 points clear)

Do you know what nailed on means? Means certain or definite.

Liverpool to get top 4 definite? The team and manager you "knew" would struggle are 3 points behind them with a game in hand, have already won a cup and still in Europa and FA cup.

Nailed for sure lad, nailed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Every fvcking thread.
    Nailed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Backed Barcelona to qualify against PSG the last night before the match at 7-1 odds. Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Predicted Liverpool to get a result against Chelsea, lose to Hull, beat Spurs, lose to Leicester and beat Arsenal before that run of games. So fecking predictable!

I do think they'll beat Burnley though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Nalz wrote: »
    Do you know what nailed on means? Means certain or definite.

Liverpool to get top 4 definite? The team and manager you "knew" would struggle are 3 points behind them with a game in hand, have already won a cup and still in Europa and FA cup.

Nailed for sure lad, nailed :)

No, he's right, if you nailed something you got it spot on.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

No, he's right, if you nailed something you got it spot on.

How the fúck can you get something spot on that hasn't happened or finished yet? Liverpool to make top 4! League is far from finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ronaldinho to be serious decline before 30. Said it at the peak of his powers and was mocked for suggesting it.

Cant out train a bad diet!!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Ronaldinho to be serious decline before 30. Said it at the peak of his powers and was mocked for suggesting it.

That's an impressive one!

Dempsey wrote: »

Didn't see that. Or Adriano's fall from superstardom, but guess that was down to personal issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Always said that united would struggle for a few years when fergie retires. Didnt think they would be on their 3rd manager already though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I knew Jose would struggle at United

Jose is doing just fine, regardless of where United finish this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I predicted Chelsea to win the Champions League that time, when AVB was sacked and they were 3-1 down from the first leg against Napoli a few years back. Never put money on it though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I predicted utd fans would buy into everything Jose said and think everything is going just fine even though they are 6th in the league.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I predicted utd fans would buy into everything Jose said and think everything is going just fine even though they are 6th in the league.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I predicted Rooney was finished 3 years ago,THAT is nailed on

another 3 points, no Europe or cups to worry about, no fixture congestion....nailed on I tell thee!

utd probably finish 7th behind everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OJ to be acquitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jose is doing just fine, regardless of where United finish this season.

I think that mindset should be challenged. Going by this, no coach can fail regardless of where they finish.

I think that mindset should be challenged. Going by this, no coach can fail regardless of where they finish.

Its a results based business, and Jose will know that more than most!

• Advertisement

Its a results based business, and Jose will know that more than most!

Context matters, even in results based businesses.

I think

This is the bit where I stopped giving a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was proud of this one @ 5/1 before the season started

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61172661

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

bucketybuck only deals in FACTS!

This is the bit where I stopped giving a ****.

Clearly I've hurt your feelings in the past and you've not been able to let go of that pain and I don't want that on my conscious so I'm sorry and if there's anything I can do to help you get over this don't hesitate to PM me.

Though still not sure about the original comment, while I believe the game has gone too far in the direction of becoming a culture of blame, your thing goes way too far the other way and seems to advocate for a culture of irresponsibility.

*conscience

*conscience

Now I feel really bad about my choice of autocorrect words and that our virtual relationship has spiralled so low as pointing out grammar errors. I'm a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Padrew to fail at CP. The man will never learn.

Advertisement