Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Monthly Event

Options
  • 12-03-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

In my area there's not much rock/alternative live music but there's quite a lot of people into that music. So I was thinking of starting up a monthly event. Was thinking a DJ playing rock/alternative followed by a band ( which I have a fairly decent one lined up ) but I've never ran something like this before. I have a venue in mind & I think I could get the venue for free (they get the bar takings).
    Mainly looking for advise, I know its about ticket sales but am I missing anything? Security....etc
    Anyone on here run or have run something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Just do it. Ticket sales can be fairly easily co-ordinated through Eventbrite (they take a percentage). The venue should supply security, if you really need it.
    Get a friend or two to help out - one to do the door on the night and another helping you promote it beforehand.

Do it as a once off first to gauge the interest. These things take a bit of work on the organisational side of things, but they are more easily achievable that you might think.
    I've been involved in a few similar things. As I said, just do it. It will work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Difficult to get people to pay into music gigs because there is so much free music on in bars and pubs.

The venue should give it to you for free, yes.

Would you do with with a couple of mates to spread the workload?

Is it a money making venture or just a bit of a hobby / fun?

Advertisement