Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Bike Parts Being Stolen In UCD Residences

Options
  • 12-03-2017 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just a warning; came across a gang of about 5-10 teenagers on small bikes stealing parts off bikes parked in the covered bike enclosure in Glenomena by the laundry on Friday evening. Managed to scare them off, but I'd imagine that a lot of the owners of said bikes will come back after the midterm to find that they're missing lights, reflectors, pumps ect.

I can't imagine that I'm the only person to see them, but given it was the start of the midterm as well, it was very quiet around, they might have got away without people recording them. Please be vigilant, don't leave loose parts on your bikes over weekends; the inside of the residence complexes seems like a safe place to leave a bike, but obviously it isn't.

In the heat of it, I didn't even think to record them, but if someone did, would you please forward it to the college authorities? I doubt the Gardaí will bother with them, but UCD Residences will probably know how best to act in order to protect the property of the residents.

Advertisement