Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Red Connect SIM Only 12 Month Contract €25 p/m for 6 months then €35

2»

Comments

torrevieja wrote: »
    how is the Virgin Network

Same as 3, although I've found it to have marginally better speeds somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Toobz wrote: »
    That's great looking but as a none student their payg offering are really poor..unless there's a loophole?

There is a loophole, read post 1 in the Vodafone X thread, I updated it. I'm not a student either!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FrostyJim wrote: »
    There is a loophole, read post 1 in the Vodafone X thread, I updated it. I'm not a student either!

Thanks for that. I ordered my sim yesterday morning based on your post but it hasn't shipped yet, hopefully they don't make any change to the website by the time I receive it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

jenno86 wrote: »
    Any idea how long this is running for?

+1 ... also can you change the billing date? I'm thinking I might give it a shot again. Got a letter from 3 saying my package is going up and as I laze in bed here I have maybe 1 bar of signal (and only get a max of 3 in the sitting room).

Might call in to the local shop tomorrow and switch.

Also one more question... can you bill stuff to your mobile? (eg: Play Store purchases)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Also one more question... can you bill stuff to your mobile? (eg: Play Store purchases)
    Yes, vodafone support carrier billing.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Asked in store and this is running until May 31st

Asked in store and this is running until May 31st

I don't see them replacing it by something worse when it is over though. They probably have an expiry date as a marketing trick to get people into thinking "I need to register now to enjoy the offer" and will either extend the offer or replace it by something broadly similar.

I'm still humming and hawwing over this... one thing I noticed though is that it's "just" regular 4G whereas the billpay plans get 4G+ . No real difference to me as I'd be on WiFi most of the time anyway, but some may need the extra speed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm still humming and hawwing over this... one thing I noticed though is that it's "just" regular 4G whereas the billpay plans get 4G+ . No real difference to me as I'd be on WiFi most of the time anyway, but some may need the extra speed?

You do get 4G+ on it:
    http://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Billpay-Packages/4g/m-p/205588#M28994

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don't see them replacing it by something worse when it is over though. They probably have an expiry date as a marketing trick to get people into thinking "I need to register now to enjoy the offer" and will either extend the offer or replace it by something broadly similar.

Could go back to the normal price?

Could go back to the normal price?

The reduced price is just for the first 6 months anyway (good to take in the short term alright, but if people are not ok with the normal price of 35 euros they probably shouldn't subscribe anyway).

But I'll think they will keep some initial incentive to attract new customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I've just switched from meteor to 3 to see if I could get better data coverage on my daily Dundalk - Dublin commute. Boy was I wrong! It's pretty terrible in comparison.

Do you think Vodafone would better Meteors coverage?

Exact same reason I'm looking. Meteor's 4G is brutal between Drogheda and Connolly. Did you switch? Is it any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

SachaJ wrote: »
    Exact same reason I'm looking. Meteor's 4G is brutal between Drogheda and Connolly. Did you switch? Is it any better?

Meteor is not great on Kildare-Dublin line either. Will test Vodafone on Monday and see if any difference.

Meteor is not great on Kildare-Dublin line either. Will test Vodafone on Monday and see if any difference.

Am on that route everyday. There is a weak spot for a few mins between Sallins and Hazelhatch and in the PPT but other than that I get 4g most of the route with some occasional 3g spots. I get on/off at Sallins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Am on that route everyday. There is a weak spot for a few mins between Sallins and Hazelhatch and in the PPT but other than that I get 4g most of the route with some occasional 3g spots. I get on/off at Sallins.

Are you talking about Vodafone or Meteor? :D?

Are you talking about Vodafone or Meteor? :D?

Vodafone

Also what is the situation with tethering on this package? On the train I'd generally turn on the wifi hotspot to use with the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

They also have a call centre at their HQ in County Dublin: 1800 99 55 11.

PAKNET wrote: »
    Typical example - there are three people on the Boards Talk To forum this week who ported over online but Vodafone never saw fit to send them out SIM cards! So their mobile number was ported, their existing provider service stopped working and they were left with no SIM card and no service.
    Link to Thread: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057714030

In fairness both of those users signed up on a Thursday and set up porting for the following Monday. Not really much leeway should the SIM delivery get delayed (assuming the SIM's were actually delayed).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

SachaJ wrote: »
    In fairness both of those users signed up on a Thursday and set up porting for the following Monday. Not really much leeway should the SIM delivery get delayed (assuming the SIM's were actually delayed).

The SIMs are shipped by courier using next day delivery.

If the SIM does not ship or deliver then the port should be placed on hold.

It is illogical for a port to go through if the SIM has not been received by the customer.

PAKNET wrote: »
    The SIMs are shipped by courier using next day delivery.

If the SIM does not ship or deliver then the port should be placed on hold.

It is illogical for a port to go through if the SIM has not been received by the customer.

I ported to Vodafone 2 weeks ago and I can confirm they ported my number on the same day they shipped the SIM, which obviously caused an interruption of service for me as I received it the following day. I had notified their customer service the day before the planned porting date and asked them if they could put the port on hold as the SIM hadn't shipped yet, and they said since the process had been initiated already it was not possible to stop it. They told me either to go to Vodafone shop after my previous service stops working and see if they could give me another SIM and assign my number to it, or to call my previous provider and ask them to reverse the porting process after it is completed (none of these being a great solution I just waited for a day without service).

I think internally their processes to port the number and ship the sim are both triggered by the web order but are then completely separate so if one gets delayed the other one will still keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats pretty crap OSS. The sensible thing to do would have the port date automatically offset by 5wking days. Even Eir manage that where they post modems in advance of installs to ensure they have time to arrive.

Expected better from big red.

Advertisement