Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris-Nice 2017 - Stage 8 ***SPOILERS***

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Izaguirre worked for Henao on the descent and probably made the difference in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

There was definitely some "promises" made today in the bunch. De La Cruz and Contador being one and I think it was Colbrelli and Heano.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Diarmuid wrote: »
    There was definitely some "promises" made today in the bunch. De La Cruz and Contador being one and I think it was Colbrelli and Heano.

There was no deal between De La Cruz and Contador. He did sweet FA once the caught Soler. A couple of big digs at the front and Contador would have won Paris Nice.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Brian? wrote: »
    There was no deal between De La Cruz and Contador. He did sweet FA once the caught Soler. A couple of big digs at the front and Contador would have won Paris Nice.

Look at the last 5km again then.
    Here are two times with De La Cruz on the front: To win the stage he should have done zero turns.
    And that "sprint" :rolleyes:

To be clear I don't have a problem with it. Both did what they had to do to try to achieve their results

411631.png
    411632.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Doc07

Good to hear our national broadcaster is so accurate. Just caught the end of RTE 1 radio sport commending Contador on his audacious long range attack and overall win of Paris-Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Thud

Here are two times with De La Cruz on the front: To win the stage he should have done zero turns.

To be clear I don't have a problem with it. Both did what they had to do to try to achieve their results

411631.png
    411632.png

I thought that when watching it but the gap dropped from about 38 seconds to 29 for the short while de la cruz was in front so it might have been contador hoping he'd take a pull but he didn't, tactics clearly worked out for de la cruz in the end too

De La Cruz pulled to catched Soler, once he did he glass cranked it for a few hundred meters. The time gap dropped and Contador drove on again. I have no problem with him doing that, it was his prerogative. The lack of sprint was because Contador has never won as sprint in his life and he was wrecked from working. If he was capable of sprinting he would have and won the GC.

I feel sorry for Contador, 2 years in a row he's missed out by narrow margins. He's lost a lot physically, but he's still a superb competitor and by far and away the most aggressive GC rider in any stage race he enters.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is contador doing the giro, or the tour, or both?
    Heres hoping he has pantano alongside him, and possibly mollema, to combat the skybots

retalivity wrote: »
    Is contador doing the giro, or the tour, or both?
    Heres hoping he has pantano alongside him, and possibly mollema, to combat the skybots

Skipping the Giro, doing the Tour. I don't really think he'll have the legs for Froome.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
Advertisement