Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting money back from pension after leaving job

• 12-03-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I quit a job after 3 months.
    I had been paying into a Zurich pension fund.

Around one month after I quit I received a letter with a list of options of what action to take with the money paid into the pension fund.

Given that the value was low I responded that I wished to receive the value of the fund (a decent % less than I had paid into it) back via payment (as opposed to leaving it with Zurich/transferring to a new pension fund).

A few months have past and I have not received anything/had any further correspondence.

Has anyone else gone through a similar process? How long should it take to receive the money back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact them again, I'd imagine a month from the time you gave notice would have been a reasonable amount of time to get payment or a date from them when you would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Be aware that the taxman also wants to see then some money if contributions were made via payroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Merowig wrote:
    Be aware that the taxman also wants to see then some money if contributions were made via payroll.

Figure quoted for employee refund would be current fund value less 20% tax deduction. Their options would show gross, tax, net for refund.

Zurich would pay this tax direct to revenue, not as part of payment to member for them to then declare.

Advertisement