Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2/3 acre land in Athboy, but no planning permission. What to do?

Options
  • 12-03-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, not sure this is the right area on boards for this - MODs feel free to move it somehwere else.

I own 2/3 acre just on edge of Athboy, Valued at €35k without the planning permission, but probably closer to €80/90k with it. However Meath County council don't plan on giving planning permission to a Dub anytime soon.

So I'm wondering now all the planning permission BS aside, what else could you possibly do with Empty Land as a possible business venture or even like a Campsite (I know no demand haha).

Not really pushed to sell it for 35k, so wondering what, if anything else I could do with it.

Thanks, E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Its a bit small but forestry could be a option, there are grants for this. Or else set out to farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    However Meath County council don't plan on giving planning permission to a Dub anytime soon.

Have they actually refused permission on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Barnavave wrote: »
    Have they actually refused permission on the site?

Yes they have, trying once again during summer, will hope to get a local architect to represent with drawings for the site, and establish a need for housing. But blatantly myself and my family are not from the area.

Will do our best of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Speak to one of the county council planning officers before you go spending money on an architect. You'll get an idea if what you want is viable/achievable.
    Have a good read through the local planning guidelines yourself also.

<snip>

Advertisement