Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 13 | Bury Me Here [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

Honestly, that's been Walking Dead's MO for quite a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Pointless episode overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Pointless episode overall.

Really???

Two MAJOR characters' outlook has completely changed and Ezekial et al are now joining forces with The Alexandrians to fight Negan.

So, not really pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

but I just really could care less about most of them.

*eye twitch*

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I nearly fell asleep during this episode of The Snoring Dead. Not even Shakepeare spent as long getting his characters to get to the point where they did something. It's gone on too long. Let's have a blood bath at the end of the season, and leave it at that.

• Advertisement

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    *eye twitch*

:D:D:D

dictionary.com says both are OK.

So there.

Then again, I really could care less about what you think.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Really???

Two MAJOR characters' outlook has completely changed and Ezekial et al are now joining forces with The Alexandrians to fight Negan.

So, not really pointless.

Yeah. Really pointless - in the over all context.

After all that's happened it took until the 13th episode to for Morgan to 'click' - even though he killed at the end of the last season!

And Carol's outlook and just gone back to the way it was when she found out what happened at Alexandria which is what you'd expect. Why did it take a whole episode (more in the context of the season) to get to her here. Stupid.

Yeah. Really pointless - in the over all context.

After all that's happened it took until the 13th episode to for Morgan to 'click' - even though he killed at the end of the last season!

And Carol's outlook and just gone back to the way it was when she found out what happened at Alexandria which is what you'd expect. Why did it take a whole episode (more in the context of the season) to get to her here. Stupid.

I still don't see how you can say those 3 aspects are pointless.........obviously going to have an impact going forward. Yes the structure of the episode can be rightfully criticised and yes you can argue that they could have paced it better but the point about it being pointless is harsh.

Morgan has reverted to crazy Morgan by the look of things and Carol has reverted to fighter Carol so they are two big character developments. I anticipate (and this is not a spoiler but I will put tags on just to prevent anyone moaning)
    one of them is being set up to be killed.
    The Kingdom have decided to join forces and fight. Another plot development. They are hardly things you can expect to happen offscreen or just hastily. There had to be some sort of reason for such to occur.

But, yes, the episode structure is clearly not viewer friendly when there are so many bloody characters, groups and locations and it all seems very fillery in leading up to this big war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

5starpool wrote: »
    It seems like the shows creators refuse to learn from the widespread criticism.

It's the most watched show in the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Anyone watch episode recap new rockstars videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

But, yes, the episode structure is clearly not viewer friendly when there are so many bloody characters, groups and locations and it all seems very fillery in leading up to this big war.

I think what makes it more viewer-unfriendly is the above, combined with a habit of concentrating on only one group/location per episode. If it wasn't for that, I don't think number of characters and locations would matter so much.

storker wrote: »
    I think what makes it more viewer-unfriendly is the above, combined with a habit of concentrating on only one group/location per episode. If it wasn't for that, I don't think number of characters and locations would matter so much.

If they tried to divide a 40 minute episode between all the groups or even a few groups, the episodes would be far too clustered and would go nowhere! I am not saying the alternative (ie individual group episodes) are therefore justified in any way but I think its very hard to develop all these new characters that have emerged this season while giving weight to established characters and creating good drama/tension. I think this season needed at least 3 or 4 extra episodes for it to work a bit better.
    This season has been like a "filler season"! 16 episodes building up to one big event which may not even bloody happen until next season, given the way the show has ended previous seasons.

The saving grace fr me this season has been the character of Dwight. He is a great character.
    Look at Fr. Gabriel, was starting to emerge as an interesting character last season yet has had a handful of scenes this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I can't wait to see Turbo Carol again. She's been hiding away for far too long. Lennie James was fantastic as usual (I also loved him in Jericho). Rosita, however, is getting on my last nerve. I understand that she's grieving but her rashness and impatience is probably going to fcuk things up now.

If you're interested, check out Run on Netflix. It's an excellent turn by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

If you're interested, check out Run on Netflix. It's an excellent turn by him.

Will do, thank you!

Advertisement