Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for Irish Garden Photos

Options
  • 12-03-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello from Ticonderoga, New York, in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.  I am a Master Gardener who will be giving a talk on Irish Gardens to our local garden club this coming Thursday.  I have a great many beautiful slides of the 'tourist' gardens, but would love to show some photos of private gardens from the homes of those who don't have huge staffs to weed and water . . . I'd also love to hear from you about your joys in gardening -- unusual plant combinations, experiments that worked wonderfully . . . as well as your challenges as gardeners.  I expect we have many of the same issues -- climate change, soil and pest issues, etc.  Thank you, Diane O'Connor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Here's a photo I put up here a few years back as there's nothing to photo at the moment. I have a small formal front garden and a wild one out the back with a small apple Orchard, vegi beds and a pollytunnel for tomatoes, play area and paths amd oodles of trees planted.

The front lhs has a green beech hedge along the front and a purple beech along the side. The white bark of the 3 jackmonti (they are bigger Now) give a lovely contrast of color in summer and it's bark is lovely in winter too. I also have a camelia japonica to the right for a bit of ever green and spring flower. Started with a very exposed and windy site in the West of Ireland and prune my lovely beech hedge with a sacutares so no bud is wasted and I get a lovely green waterfall effect after the buds have opened.

206598.jpg

Hope your talk goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emiliesmom

How lovely!  The contrast is so appealing.  Thank you for sharing.  We are currently expecting an estimated 30 inches of snow, so I hope the talk is not postponed.  Regards,
    Diane

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emiliesmom

How lovely!  The contrast is so appealing.  Thank you for sharing.  We are currently expecting an estimated 30 inches of snow, so I hope the talk is not postponed.  Regards,
    Diane

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Here are two of my fav photos from last year, again, not much to photo yet this year. But looking forward to another year of pottering

Advertisement