Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Cheque Deposit

• 12-03-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey All
    I am in receipt of a very large cheque due to my house being sold , just out of curiosity do you have to notify the bank by phone that i will be making a large deposit via cheque or can you just walk in with ID and becomes like any other cheque deposit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I lodged €1M in 2 cheques at the counter, albeit this was 15 years ago. Just make sure you have a photocopy of the cheque and that you hold onto the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cake356

Cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

No, a cheque has no risk for them. They might question it ie money laundering rules etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

You don't have to give any notice to deposit a cheque. You might be thinking of when making a withdrawal. Banks don't like to have too much cash lying around, so if you need more than a couple of thousand you need to give them advance notice.

Banks are very slow processing cheques these days. Expect to wait at least a week before the money appears in your account.

Advertisement