Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies after Islandbridge crash

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Terrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Very sad, I run in that way most Monday mornings, except today. Its's a junction where you to be so careful, cause whoever comes out of that gate, near always comes out too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A terrible tragedy, and something that will be playing heavily on the minds of those involved and those who are friends and family. Please remember we do not allow speculation on such matters for a variety of reasons, the primary one being courtesy to friends and family.

Condolences to the friends and family of the cyclist, none of us ever expect not to come home, whether we are out with friends, commuting to work or just getting out of the house to clear our head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got hit by a car at islandbridge last year too.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Awful news.
    I know a lot of people who cycle that route and heart was in my mouth til I knew all were ok.
    I'm sure many people out there unfortunately got the news they dreaded.
    Can't even think the pain and hurt they are feeling :(
    Thoughts are with the driver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

RIP. Very sad.

This happened just outside the Islandbridge gate, as people have mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

I witnessed the aftermath of this accident, and can't comment on specifics.

It's very much, in my mind.

All I'd like to say is RIP to the victim and driver. Tragic for both and families.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

R.I.P and my sincerest sympathies go out to his friends and family.

I cycle to work myself and I've got two kids cycling to school and when you see this, you think to yourself, am I doing the right thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Islandbridge gate is probably much busier lately due to the works on wellington road. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Very sad, I run in that way most Monday mornings, except today. Its's a junction where you to be so careful, cause whoever comes out of that gate, near always comes out too far.
    Unfortunately, at many junctions, whoever comes out of the gate or side road or petrol station seems to come out too far. The cycle lane very often turns into the pulling out space for the exiting car, for no good reason. These aren't junctions with restricted visibility - just people sticking their nose out into traffic in the vain hope that it will get them to the end of their journey quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

More sad news. RIP

Advertisement