Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help deciding where to move

Options
  • 12-03-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Any help / advice greatly appreciated. We've decided we can't wait years for property rentals to go down in dublin and decided to look out of Dublin fingers crossed! Have started to look maybe between Kildare, Meath, Louth but no idea where to start! Where would you recommend.. not too far from Dublin 24/22 area as both our families are there. Where is ideal for school for our son he'll be starting Junior Infants in September. What options in these towns etc for work or staying commuting to Dublin? I'm in Childcare but considering going to office work etc so could change anyways! Would need a house as my partner works from home alot freelancing so would need space for office etc. All advice greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Hi, Would you consider Dublin 15? You dion't mention your budget but you'd get a regular 3 bed 1 bath type house for under 250k easily- http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clonsilla/15-ashfield-court-clonsilla-dublin-1403688/ being particularly good value, as its 10 minutes walk to the shopping centre, 2 mins to local national school and 2 mins to the bus stop.. (No I'm not the seller!)
    I ended up living out here quite by chance when we got a good deal on a rental, we bought 20 years ago and brought my kids upon the road- an estate quite similar to that one, both are Mature estates and Ashfield has lots of green areas. I brought my kids up here and it still has that family friendly feel to it, especially the more mature estates around Huntstown, Hartstown, Clonsilla and parts of Mulhuddart.
    There Is a fair amount of employers around Blanch, with the industrial estates/ Centre and a lot of women with their own houses take in a child or 2 to mind.
    So that's my suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

TresGats wrote: »
    Hi, Would you consider Dublin 15? You dion't mention your budget but you'd get a regular 3 bed 1 bath type house for under 250k easily- http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clonsilla/15-ashfield-court-clonsilla-dublin-1403688/ being particularly good value, as its 10 minutes walk to the shopping centre, 2 mins to local national school and 2 mins to the bus stop.. (No I'm not the seller!)
    I ended up living out here quite by chance when we got a good deal on a rental, we bought 20 years ago and brought my kids upon the road- an estate quite similar to that one, both are Mature estates and Ashfield has lots of green areas. I brought my kids up here and it still has that family friendly feel to it, especially the more mature estates around Huntstown, Hartstown, Clonsilla and parts of Mulhuddart.
    There Is a fair amount of employers around Blanch, with the industrial estates/ Centre and a lot of women with their own houses take in a child or 2 to mind.
    So that's my suggestion.

Isn't the OP asking about renting, you've posted about buying?!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Sorry- I assumed that "We've decided we can't wait years for property rentals to go down in dublin" meant they wanted to buy. Perhaps I took it up wrongly. If so, I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Sorry looking at renting and under the HAP scheme! Thanks though:) with family all on the south side the north of city would be too far away as kildare is only 15mins from Tallaght area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

TresGats wrote: »
    So that's my suggestion.

This is so true. Im am always surprised people saying they cant get a place in Dublin when you can buy in Dublin 15 alot cheaper than most places in Dublin. Its got the jobs the transport and all the facilities the centre is like a little town in itsself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

youandme13 wrote: »
    Sorry looking at renting and under the HAP scheme! Thanks though:) with family all on the south side the north of city would be too far away as kildare is only 15mins from Tallaght area.
    At the moment I believe your chances of renting in Dublin (North or South it does not matter) with HAP are minimal. Even in County Kildare close enough to Tallaght your chances are minimal. This is might be harsh, but it is realistic. HAP scheme is the usual half-baked scheme created by the government that presents no advantages whatsoever to any private landlord.

Advertisement