Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in America

Options
  • 12-03-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey I was thinking of going to work America in the next 5 years, however I have no idea how to go about doing it. i have a some of money saved and was told to do the Visa Lottery otherwise i was told to get a professional CV package done , im mainly based in construction and have all my CSCS construction tickets i also know of a website called indeed.com

has any say builders have any tips on applying for these roles in america from ireland or is there any agent i can approach ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

cake356 wrote: »
    Hey I was thinking of going to work America in the next 5 years, however I have no idea how to go about doing it. i have a some of money saved and was told to do the Visa Lottery otherwise i was told to get a professional CV package done , im mainly based in construction and have all my CSCS construction tickets i also know of a website called indeed.com

has any say builders have any tips on applying for these roles in america from ireland or is there any agent i can approach ?

The only options are, win the green card lottery, work for a company with offices in America and transfer, or be a highly qualified, highly paid individual who is so skilled in your field that the company can prove that there are no Americans who can do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The only options are, win the green card lottery, work for a company with offices in America and transfer, or be a highly qualified, highly paid individual who is so skilled in your field that the company can prove that there are no Americans who can do the job.

Sad, but true. Don't listen to any gob****e that says otherwise than that above.

There are work websites that are almost scams and if even they're not....mostly they're just very expensive 1-2 year work visas.

One other sliver of hope is the H1B1 visa but that might be more towards I.T professions.

Advertisement