Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion Graphics card swap

Options
  • 12-03-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am hoping someone can help me and maybe advise me on some helpful information. I bought a HP Pavilion laptop with Intel Core i7 @ 2.70GHz. The specs are:
    8GB RAM
    256 SSD
    2TB HD (Where optical drive was)
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 card

Now I know with that specific graphics card you cant play much/any games. I was looking to know if it is easy to upgrade the graphics cards in these laptops or if at all possible? Also would you be able to recommend any good reasonably prices graphics cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It is extremely rare to have a laptop that can have it's graphics card upgraded and only on more expensive models. And i'm almost certain that the HP pavilion range cannot be upgraded.

Hard drive, ram and occasionally cpu upgrades , yes. Graphics cards almost certainly not. But you need to post your model number to be 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Impossible.

If you want to game you need to think bigger.

Advertisement