Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss removal on tarmac and concrete path

Options
  • 12-03-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Planning to use cheap powder detergent on this. But wondering does it matter if bio- or non-bio? I'm guessing non-bio less harmful to environment, but will it kill moss as effectively as bio detergent?

What's most cost effective brand - Aldi, Lidl, Tesco ...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

leck wrote: »
    Planning to use cheap powder detergent on this. But wondering does it matter if bio- or non-bio? I'm guessing non-bio less harmful to environment, but will it kill moss as effectively as bio detergent?

What's most cost effective brand - Aldi, Lidl, Tesco ...?

removing it manually here.. easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The cheapest you can get will work just fine. Large boxes of the Aldi or Lidl brands. While useless in the washing machine, will shift the moss. Removal by hand is pointless as it will quickly reoccur.

Spraying with jeyes fluid is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The cheapest you can get will work just fine. Large boxes of the Aldi or Lidl brands. While useless in the washing machine, will shift the moss. Removal by hand is pointless as it will quickly reoccur.

Spraying with jeyes fluid is also good.

Does the washing powder discolour the tarmac ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Does the washing powder discolour the tarmac ?

Never has for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Neighbour recommended Daz but could not indicate bio or non!
    I have used 100ml of Jeyes fluid in 5 litres of water and a sprayer and it killed the moss super quick on the drive last weekend. Interesting thing is that it had no effect on the grass nearby so a larger moss affected grass patch will be done tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Fiskar wrote: »
    Neighbour recommended Daz but could not indicate bio or non!
    I have used 100ml of Jeyes fluid in 5 litres of water and a sprayer and it killed the moss super quick on the drive last weekend. Interesting thing is that it had no effect on the grass nearby so a larger moss affected grass patch will be done tomorrow.

Rightly or wrongly I was told sulphate of iron for moss in lawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Never has for me
    Cheers ,will that a go
    Rightly or wrongly I was told sulphate of iron for moss in lawns.

Yes ,Sulphate of Iron is very good on lawns.
    Mix the Sulphate of Iron in water ,and apply at 2-3g per square yards.
    Can use 5g if you have alot of moss.

I usually use 70g in a 10 litre watering can for 35 square yards.

Advertisement